products appearing in google search despite of password protection

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys, 

pls help! I just realized some of the product pictures are visible on google search despite of the password protection on our store! That is a prelaunch nightmare! We are preparing for launch and need to have a safe space to adjust and modify layouts. Does anyone know what could be the issue? And how could we hide our products from google without deleting them from the store?

FYI we are using a password page, created by pagefly and product pages modified by pagefly. 

Many thanks in advance! 

Katja

0 Likes

What's a URL where an image is showing in search results?

It's possible the password was disabled (even momentarily) then Google crawled and indexed the page.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Josh,

thanks for your reply! True, we exchanged themes last week, I am not sure if there was a gap where the password page was not active. That could be, as the pictures showed were outdated.  For now, I unpublished product pages on page fly and requested to delete outdated content from google. Once deleted we will test to publish product pages to shopify again and see how it goes. 

I also added  " {% if template contains 'search' %} <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> {% endif %}" into the header of the theme.liquid file. 

Will let you know if resolved. 

0 Likes