"403 Forbidden"- message when trying to access webshop

After reading into this problem for days now, I've understood that there's probably a problem with the SSL or my domain connection or something, but I can't get it to work. I've tried everything from editing my DNS to make sure the domain is pointing to Shopifys IP adress, to trying to sign up to cloudflare (which didn't work) in hope that maybe they could help. I've probably read every post and thread there is about this problem, both in shopify community, reddit, cloudflare community etc.
Please help!Skärmavbild 2019-12-10 kl. 19.03.01.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 106

Hi, @OIZYS !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your domain.

I do see what you mean here:

11-29-p8h4r-el15p

I have checked on your domain records and can see that this does not appear to be pointing to our records at the moment.

A Record:

11-32-h4rwx-j28ta

CNAME (Example 'www')

11-34-yjki1-xg671

Is your domain currently with Cloudflare? With the error that you are seeing, it usually indicates that the domain is not set up correctly, or that there is an additional A Record in your DNS settings. Would you be able to check on this within your domain dashboard or with your provider? 

Would you also be able to adjust this to point to our own records? To do so you will need:

• An A record for your root domain (without the www's) to point to 23.227.38.65
  • A CNAME record for your "www" subdomain to point to shops.myshopify.com

We have some more detailed info on this for you here. Once you set up your domain to point to Shopify, it can take some time (up to 24 hours) for an SSL to be issued. If we see that your domain is pointing correctly, we can manually issue this for you from our side also.

In the meantime, you may like to set your primary domain to your .myshopify.com domain name. This will allow you access to your store while you wait for your custom domain to be set up correctly. 

Do let me know how this goes for you, or if you need a hand. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes