"Custom Page" to be the same as "Home page"

Solved
starhoshi
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi Experts, I am using Debut theme.

For "Home page", it gives the funtion to edit content by adding "section" that i want. this gives me flexibility to design my layout freely.

However i only see "header" , "footer" section availble for pages. 

Basically, i want to customize pages ( e.g. ABOUT , PRODUCT, SERVICE ) like what i customize for "Home page"

Please kindly advise how can i do this ? 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
951 57 147

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @starhoshi

Thanks for your post and I appreciate these details. This is correct, you can edit only the header and footer of a page in your theme’s customization page. If you’re looking to customize your pages so that you can add different sections to it similar to your homepage, I recommend looking into page building apps from our app store that can help you customize the look of your pages. 

Check out my recommendations in this post:  How to change default page in debut theme to custom page ?

Is this what you want to do?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
starhoshi
Tourist
11 0 2

@Tira This can be one of the solution but as i can do coding so i will tweak page theme using custom html. Thank you for your reply and help. Appreciate.

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
951 57 147

Glad to hear that you have found your own solution, @starhoshi!

Before moving forward with making customizations to your store, I recommend duplicating your theme, understanding what level of support is available for your theme, and making sure to follow the requirements and learn the best practices for uploading images. Our help doc has more details for you to check out here: Editing theme code.

To duplicate your theme you can follow these steps:

1.  From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2.  For the theme that you want to duplicate, click Actions > Duplicate.
  3.  The duplicate theme appears on the Themes page. It is named Copy Of + the name of the theme that you duplicated.

These steps might vary depending on the device you're using, you can check out our help doc to learn more here: Duplicating themes.

You can also roll-back your theme to an earlier version in your .liquid code should you need to go back to a time and date in your theme. 

We also have a series of help docs that cover how you can customize your theme. Check them out here: Customizing themes

I would love to know how this helps! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes