"How did you hear about us" Button at Checkout

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi all,

I tried to set up a "how did you hear about us" button at checkout but the directions I followed (through the shopify help) were not supported by my theme, minimal.  Is anyone familiar with this?  I'm trying to find a way to add this information to my checkout.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 21

Hi Jaclyn,

Ana here, from the Shopify guru team! :)

Were you following the instructions in this guide? https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/communication/ask-how-customers-heard-about-your-store

If not, give that a go.

There is a list of themes that this customization won't support, but I've just tested it on my end and these instructions do work for the Minimal theme. 

I can follow-up with an email if you're having problems getting this set up properly - let me know and I'd be happy to!

Ana

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I'd probably avoid doing this personally. All ressearch into conversion rates suggest that adding any additional fields into the checkout process can reduce conversions. You want the shopper to have as quick a process as possible.

Another way to get this info would be in a follow up email, or shipping notification email. Perhaps include the question in there instead? 

If you do add this into the checkout make it optional, rather than mandatory. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I followed these instructions and it looked good until I had a customer try to check out. The checkout portion did not work. I spoke with the Shopify help group and they told me it was because minimal was not a supported theme. I'm trying to see if there is another way to accomplish this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Yes, I would prefer to make it optional. I just don't know how to do that. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Please I need help

when i make all steps and add select box and make it not required as i like

when sending email after order payment complete 

sales agent name (how did hear about us) from select not appear

how i get value of select and sending it in email ?????????????

Please help me .

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can you tell me if one adds the "How did you hear about us" option - where does the information that they select show up?

I have added this feature but now cannot see where to find the information the customer has selected.

0 Likes