"Private" product for fundraiser?

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hey there.... I'd like to create a product for a fundraiser, but don't want it listed on my site publicly.  I'd like to give the organization the link for them to share.  Is that possible? Thanks, Marty

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

You can just create a private site then. Just takes some time

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 343

@martymiz either you need to require accounts to access the site, customize your theme to hide the product except for logged in customers.

Or use an app like locksmith

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hi @martymiz 

Ren here from the Shopify support team, thanks for the great question! 

Yes this can certainly be done in one of two ways. One would be to add the product to a hidden collection and only providing the link to that collection for the organization. The catch is that the product would still be searchable in the search engine.

Your most foolproof option would be to utilize an app such as Locksmith. Locksmith allows you to password protect any page. So you can add the required products into a Fundraiser Collection, password protect it and provide that password to the organization. 

Locksmith does require $9/month to use though it offers a 15 day trial period as well. Once the event wrap up, you can choose to delete the app to avoid recurring charges or keep it if it works for you and this is something you intend to do frequently. 

I'd love to know what you think of those options! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 343

If you need to hide a specific published product from search engines you can use the following meta tag in the <head> of a theme

{% if product.handle == "PRODUCT-HANDLE" %} <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />{% endif %}

Also see this tech note using metafields

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-seo-data-with-admin-api

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes