"Private" product for fundraiser?

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi there... I have a product I want to create a product that I can use as a fundraiser. Essentially I would give the group a link to share and market and the landing page would be the product to buy.  BUT I don't want the product to be seen on my website.  Is there a way to still list a product and sell it but not be seen on the general site? Thanks! Marty

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 42 109

Hi, Marty!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're wanting to promote a product as part of a fundraiser. Are you raising money for a certain charity? 

If you'd like to provide your group with a direct link to the product, then I recommend using an app like Locksmith, Wholesale Lock Manager, or EasyLockdown. All three of these apps have excellent reviews and will give you the ability to lock specific content on your website.

Using these apps, you'll be able to generate a secret link that will provide users with access to the product page or landing page. You can also choose to lock content for users based on other conditions, like customer tags, location, or even if their email contains something specific. Alternatively, you could choose to lock the content with a password that you can then share with your group.

You can learn more about each app by reading their descriptions on their respective About pages, as linked above. From there, you'll also notice links to FAQs, where you can find answers to frequently asked questions. They also have screenshots so you can see what the app looks like, and free trials so you can get a feel for the app yourself and see which one suits your needs the best. 

To hide the product from the rest of your online store, I recommend not including it in any collections. This should prevent customers from accidentally stumbling across it while browsing your site, although it may still appear in search results. Locksmith also has a tutorial on how you can make a product accessible only by the direct product link here. This should give you the solution you're looking for! 

Are you planning on sharing a link to the product page itself, or are you also wanting to design a custom landing page? If you're wanting to create a landing page, then I recommend using a page-builder app like Shogun or GemPages. Both of these apps offer drag-and-drop page builder tools, giving you the ability to easily create pages without any custom code. If you decide to build a landing page using one of these apps, then you can still use one of the lock apps mentioned above. In this case, the secret link you generate will direct the customer towards the custom landing page. 

Let me know if this helps! I'd love to hear more about your fundraiser idea. What kind of products are you wanting to sell for it? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes