"Reached 11 domain limit"- How to have many more third party domains?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Screenshot_22.jpg

I've contacted Shopify support a few times asking about the 11 domain limit.

They say it's limited to 11 domains because they can't supply more than 11 SSL's at any one point.

They say I can have unlimited "third party" domains. Where these have their own SSL certificates There are domains hosted externally. 

I was talking with a Shopify agent and she copied this quote from Shopify's internal private docs. 

"If a merchant needs more than 10 domains, these would need to be hosted externally, with their own SSL certificates paid for separately. A merchant could then point these domains at one of their Shopify domains. Shopify would not support these external domains. The domain can't point to shops.myshopify.com. It will need to point to another 3rd party domain entirely, which in turn can be pointed at us"

I am using Cloudflare so I can easily edit DNS records instantly and provide SSL encryption. 

I have done just that. See the screenshot below. 

Screenshot_1.jpg

However, when navigating to this domain: https://test2.shopallthatstrendy.best/ 

It's giving me the message: "Only one step left! To finish setting up your new web address, go to your domain settings, click "Connect existing domain", and enter: test2.shopallthatstrendy.best"

However, I can't do that. This is because I've reached the limit of 11 domains in my domains section in Shopify. The whole point of this setup was to bypass that. 

The fact that I've heard multiple times when domains are hosted externally, I can have unlimited of them. How is this possible? What am I doing wrong! Thank you so much

0 Likes