"Select an Option" as default in drop down (2020)

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Is there a way have "select an option" added as a default to my drop down menus?  I am currently using the FOCAL theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
552 67 89

@Ayanna_Card ,

Select and option is shown by default in HTML if you don't set any selected options for drop down. So if something is set you need to look for words like selected= "selected" in from of an option value and remove that

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

I not clear on what you are saying.  Where should I be looking for "select an option"?  Is it in the liquid code or should be visible when I am adding variants?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
552 67 89

@Ayanna_Card,

You would need to look into the liquid code and remove "selected" from an option. Can you share your URL and specific page where you want to achieve this, I might be able to suggest better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Hi @Ayanna_Card,

It sounds like you either need to learn Liquid to make the adjustment or hire a Shopify Expert to do it for you.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
552 67 89

@Ayanna_Card ,

You may want to take help from here 

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-how-to-add-a-pick-an-option-to-drop-downs

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

My url is www.needthattee.com.

0 Likes