"Something went wrong" error message when printing labels

MeredithJ
Excursionist
23 0 19

Today 2/17 all morning we are able to fulfill and print labels fine, then the next minute when trying to buy a shipping label is just says "Something Went Wrong" it doesn't say what or give any indication of how to fix it. I tried moving to another order and it still is giving the same error message. It has been about 30 minutes now of trying to refresh the page and print and still nothing. Why does this happen? 

Replies 4 (4)

Traybarber
6 0 0

Same here!!! Customer even paid for expedited shipping and cannot purchase the label.  "Please fix error"   sheeeeesh 

MeredithJ
Excursionist
23 0 19

I just went back to check on my page and it looks like it may be fixed, YAY! This happened once a month or so 😕

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hello! 

Sophia here from Shopify. I posted in this thread about what to do when experiencing an admin issue like this, so please check that out for general troubleshooting steps to follow in case you run into something similar again.

In this particular instance, the temporary downtime for purchasing shipping labels was documented on our status page. While I don't have the specifics on what happened, our developers resolved the issue and all systems are operational once more. The status page is handy to bookmark so you can take a look for any incidents before troubleshooting if you're running into an error message.

I know how frustrating it can be when things aren't working as anticipated, so I appreciate your patience while our developers looked into a fix. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Shopify Support if you have any issues that aren't covered by our updates or general troubleshooting. Our team is always happy to help!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SimMotion
Tourist
4 0 3

This is happening again and "System Status" seems all good from your link. "Something went wrong while printing your documents. Try again later." This has been happening more frequently of late and now I can't print at all.