"Thank You" page URL

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

How do I come up with my "Thank You" page URL? I need to send it to an app support guy because the app is not tracking conversions (sales). HeeeLppp!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

Hi, @ggee9227 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Each order creates it's own unique "Thank You" page we call this the order status page. It can be revisited by customers at a later date.  Are you still having trouble tracking order details on your shop? If so, these docs might point you in the right direction:

If not, let us know some more details. What app are you trying to enable? Where are you trying to review these conversion details?

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

Need the same info. Right now I'm trying to set up a funnel on Hotjar. Need to drop a JS Snippet in to fire goal.  You'd need the same snippet to set up goals in GA or Tag manager though.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

i also need to set some custom script to redirect customers to a thankyou page. My  payment option is pagseguro which has a specific "boleto" that customers need to print in order to pay, and this is not going to a thnk you page so my facebook ads are running very low on optimization!!! please help!!! how can i redirect to the correct thankyou page??

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I need the same info as well so I can track purchase conversion in Google Analytics (GA).

GA is asking me to identify purchase conversion by:

Page URL >>> contains >>> [USER INPUT] . What do I need to include for [INPUT]?

Screenshot 2019-10-02 15.11.52.png

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Come on shopify, can we get some clear guidance on this? We are subscribing to this service, there are literally dozens of versions of this same question on this forum. Store owners need to track thank you page hits for tracking on google ads. If the URL changes every time then this is unusable for google, we need a simple solution. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
138 0 28

There is no one URL for this because each order thank you page is unique - If you want to do this in HotJar you can set it up as "Contains" and then put "/orders/" in the input field. That will ping every time someone sees the thank you page - either immediately after they checkout or if they click the View your order button in their email confirmation.

2 Likes
Highlighted

This is huge progress but let me ask you this.  You say it will ping when the thank you page appears but ALSO when they click on the link in their email confirmation.  If a customer opens the email, then will that report two separate sales for me and duplicate the value on my funnel or will it realize it already pinged that order?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
138 0 28

It won't happen when they open the email but if they click the link IN the email itself, it might - you may be able to set up tracking in  your GA to track only unique visits?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I also need an url for the thank you page or order confirmation page for creating an audience in Connectio. Thank you

0 Likes