"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

Has anyone made any progress with Facebook or Instagram?  I haven't even received a single response from them.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

I'm waiting for a answer from Facebook. Until that, I returned my instagram account to personal. I saw some people saying that if you returned to personal for a while you'll have to apply to Instagram Shopping again and chose another domain. So I'm trying this. 

I think the problem is because when I apply from shopping my store was host in shopify. After the aprove, I change to my own host and now the dns goes to another domain. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

Let us know how that goes.  I can't switch back from business to personal.  I would lose all of my insights and shop and everything - without any guarantee that they would approve me for a new shop.

I'm not sure about the DNS issue because I went from mysite.square.site to my url that they (square) now host.  I did a full transfer to them.  So, the dns should be exactly the same. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

My account is new so i sacrificed all the info. I`ll w8 a fill days now. If it works I come back to tell you 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
Will you let us know if that works!
2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I tried to hire someone through Shopify experts and they said the couldn’t do anything.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Well I actually managed after 2 days to solve part of the problem: I was finally able to tag products and add them to my store BUT. The thing is that I was thinking about the “domain” part of the problem. Then I remembered the first time I applied to to sell on Ig, i sent for revision a different domain from the one I’m using atm. So I went into facebook catalog, picked an item, edited the link to the product just changing the link to my previous domain, and et voilá. Now I could tag it and add it, but of course sending to a defunct address.

This is an absolute mess. Specially because when I applied for the second revision I clearly specified I had a new domain, and included it it my appeal message.

Another thing I discovered was that I could create “collections” and add them to my store, including my “new-domain-items” through this Commerce Manager Facebook page (breaking news about it’s existence for me, discovered this panel by chance random clicking): https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/

But once I try to add the collections to my Ig store, I can’t. I assume it’s because of this message at the top:

We are conducting a standard review on your trading account
For the safety of customers shopping on Facebook and Instagram, we must ensure that all business accounts meet our requirements. Approval for product labeling typically takes around 24 hours and 2 weeks for in-store posting.

I’m lost now. I guess in my case I will wait 2 weeks to see if the message disappears. In the meantime I hope this message helps someone to get further. Cheers.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

@Christiandolz , you said

"This is an absolute mess. Specially because when I applied for the second revision I clearly specified I had a new domain, and included it it my appeal message."

*** Could you please tell me how you were able to do that, apply for a second revision? Thanks! Was it a second revision after being approved for the first one?

I have the exact same problem; applied for IG under my ".myshopify.com" store address, and then buying a domain. I can manually change the URLs for my products from my new domain to the ".myshopify.com" address in the Facebook Catalog, and it would work temporarily, but it is not a good solution, since 1) I would have to do it manually for each product, and 2) it would get override by the new domain address the next time Shopify will update the catalog...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Yes, I do have the same problem as you, even if you edit the products manually, the sync with shopify in the catalogue would overwrite the changes eventually.

Concerning your question: I waited around 2-3 months after being rejected with my ".myshopify.com" store, and the re-applied with my “.com”, and here we are.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

@Christiandolz You've been waiting three months with no fix?  

0 Likes