"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

@Christiandolz 

Thanks for your answer. 

"Unfortunately", I wasn't rejected with my "myshopify.com", so I can't even hope to reapply anytime...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! 
how do you manually change the urls from the Facebook catalogue??? I’m into my 4th week of not being able to tag and it’s really getting me down , that and having to jump through hoops for Facebook and just want to give up  

thanks L 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

@LynneGardner1  you go in your Facebook Catalog Manager, select your catalog, click on a product, click edit, change the URL. But if your catalog is linked with Shopify, anything you change will be changed back to what it was eventually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

Hello Everyone.  I got mine working again, but I went in a roundabout way.  I am working with Square and not Shopify - but I thought I would share what I did:

1.  Over the weekend, I completely disconnected my Facebook / Instagram from my Square feed.  So that the shop showed "connect to a catalog" on IG.
  2. Today, I contacted Square and made them change my domain back to site.square.site and had them forward my regular domain to that site
  3. After that was changed, I reconnected everything in Facebook and IG
  4. Now it all works like before

Hope this helps!  It's a roundabout way and not perfect, but until this whole shopping thing gets out of beta or whatever, it was the best option for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thanks !!! I’ll give that a try. It shouldn’t be this hard
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

so essentially you had to go back to the first domain that IG approved. Seems that when you first apply for instagram shopping you need to have the domain you will use for your store.

if anybody figures it out please keep us updated on how to go about changing our main domain.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

@Rustikheart Unfortunately, yes.  That's exactly what I had to do.  I tried to get in contact with FB / IG and a week later they finally responded and said someone else is dealing with it.  I saw too many people on this forum say they were waiting 1-4 months with no solution.  Changing my URL back was worth it to sell again on IG.  If I ever hear of someone actually changing their domain successfully, I'll post about it here.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

I don't know what to do because when I apply my domain was the same than now. The difference is, when I aplly my dns was pointed to my woocommerce host, and now my dns is pointed to another platform here in Brazil (sorry for my English).

I tried to change the domain in the catalog, just for test.. but didn't work because the domain is the same, what changed was the host of my site.. so.. before my website.com.br was pointed to hostgatorXYZ.com and now my website.com.br pointed to nuvemshopXPTO.com.

I don't know if the explanation was clear, but in my case the domain never change, just the host. I still have the domain I selected when I apply. 

I think is not that simple.. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

@BrunoChoran Yeah - that is much more complicated that what happened with me.  So sorry you're going through that!  If I ever find anything out about fixing this, I'll be sure to let you know.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. After speaking to someone from Facebook, they found this - "When you applied for Instagram Shopping, you had a domain that was approved, and when you changed it, the new domain will be flagged as not the "approved one." "

So you just need to change every product or the catalogs URL source to feature the original .myshopify.com at the beginning, rather than your custom URL. 

0 Likes