"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

CyberGoatStore
Visitor
1 0 5

So I'm trying to tag products on my instagram business page @cybr.goat but it keeps telling me the message that is on the title. I only have ONE product that is able to be tagged, but the rest are there but are unavailable, any help?

Replies 158 (158)
squiftyco
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you!

It was my bad actually, I saw the link couple of posts back after I asked you. So yes, I requested via this you provided.

Facebook support team is super speedy! I got unlinked, re-apply, and approved in just a couple of hours! 

Cheers to you and wish everyone here every success! 🙂

wishnwillow
Visitor
3 0 0
What!!! Jealous! I was on chat with them for 3 hours and whoever it was has no clue... I told them I think this is the issue. They forwarded me to “internal”... it’s been over 24 hours and no reply.. they said it could take over a week!!!!
Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm still struggling after 3.5 weeks

I have asked twice for my account to be unlinked but I am still seeing the domain issue!

1) Domain is verified

2) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

3) I guess I have to wait for Facebook support

Crazy...

telltaleheart
Tourist
5 0 2
Splendid! I am very happy to hear it worked for you too - and so quickly! Mine is resolved as well.
Viktorya22
Visitor
1 0 0

That's so odd because I started with my custom domain and waited days and day and nothing. So I clicked the verify button in Instagram again and it said I needed to use my shopify URL. So I put that in and was approved instantly. But then I try to tag stuff and I can't because it says it's not linked to the right URL. *sigh* so now I need to go back to where I started? They never approved my custom URL they'd only approve the shopify one 

dennigenni
Visitor
3 0 0

i unlinked my fb and instagram accounts and then I removed my commerce account from FB. And then I disconnected my FB and IN shops from Shopify. And then reconnected everything and it finally worked. Basically, I pulled the plug on everything and started over. 

dennigenni
Visitor
3 0 0

just kidding, it did not work. still cannot tag anything.

LynneGardner1
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi! 
how do you manually change the urls from the Facebook catalogue??? I’m into my 4th week of not being able to tag and it’s really getting me down , that and having to jump through hoops for Facebook and just want to give up 🙂 

thanks L 

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

@LynneGardner1  you go in your Facebook Catalog Manager, select your catalog, click on a product, click edit, change the URL. But if your catalog is linked with Shopify, anything you change will be changed back to what it was eventually.

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

Hello Everyone.  I got mine working again, but I went in a roundabout way.  I am working with Square and not Shopify - but I thought I would share what I did:

1.  Over the weekend, I completely disconnected my Facebook / Instagram from my Square feed.  So that the shop showed "connect to a catalog" on IG.
  2. Today, I contacted Square and made them change my domain back to site.square.site and had them forward my regular domain to that site
  3. After that was changed, I reconnected everything in Facebook and IG
  4. Now it all works like before

Hope this helps!  It's a roundabout way and not perfect, but until this whole shopping thing gets out of beta or whatever, it was the best option for me.

LynneGardner1
Tourist
3 0 2
Thanks !!! I’ll give that a try. It shouldn’t be this hard 🙃
Rustikheart
Visitor
1 0 1

so essentially you had to go back to the first domain that IG approved. Seems that when you first apply for instagram shopping you need to have the domain you will use for your store.

if anybody figures it out please keep us updated on how to go about changing our main domain.  

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

@Rustikheart Unfortunately, yes.  That's exactly what I had to do.  I tried to get in contact with FB / IG and a week later they finally responded and said someone else is dealing with it.  I saw too many people on this forum say they were waiting 1-4 months with no solution.  Changing my URL back was worth it to sell again on IG.  If I ever hear of someone actually changing their domain successfully, I'll post about it here.

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

I don't know what to do because when I apply my domain was the same than now. The difference is, when I aplly my dns was pointed to my woocommerce host, and now my dns is pointed to another platform here in Brazil (sorry for my English).

I tried to change the domain in the catalog, just for test.. but didn't work because the domain is the same, what changed was the host of my site.. so.. before my website.com.br was pointed to hostgatorXYZ.com and now my website.com.br pointed to nuvemshopXPTO.com.

I don't know if the explanation was clear, but in my case the domain never change, just the host. I still have the domain I selected when I apply. 

I think is not that simple.. 

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

@BrunoChoran Yeah - that is much more complicated that what happened with me.  So sorry you're going through that!  If I ever find anything out about fixing this, I'll be sure to let you know.

GMIMPRE
Visitor
1 0 2

I have the same problem, i don't know what to do

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
did anyone find a solution? still haven't been able to figure it out
aubsb
Visitor
2 0 3

Same thing is happening to me, I am having trouble tagging products and cannot figure anything out. Please let me know if anyone else figures out this issue

MitraTheLabel
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same issue. After speaking to someone from Facebook, they found this - "When you applied for Instagram Shopping, you had a domain that was approved, and when you changed it, the new domain will be flagged as not the "approved one." "

So you just need to change every product or the catalogs URL source to feature the original .myshopify.com at the beginning, rather than your custom URL. 

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

@MitraTheLabel Yes, but this only works if you don't have an auto feed / Pixel connected because after you change your URL, it'll be overwritten in whatever batch update your current site provides.

Anayah1
Tourist
3 0 3
I have a question would it work if I just went back to my Shopify.com
domain name the one that was initially approved by Instagram for shopping?
Or would that mess things up more does anyone know?
Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

@Anayah1 Hello.  That is exactly what I did - just with Square.  I originally set up my Instagram shop at mysite.square.site and broke it by going to my  domain.  If you look on page 3 of this thread you can see what my steps were to fix everything and now it is working fine.

LynneGardner1
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, 

Shopify changed my domain back to the Shopify url then did a re boot if all my products. It took 24 hours but then it started working. I have another problem now in that my page keeps disconnecting from Facebook, been off for nearly 2 weeks and they dint know why. Now passed to technical team. Literally spent hours and days in this issue, it’s depressing:-(

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

@LynneGardner1 
Shopify changed my domain back to the Shopify url then did a re boot if all my products. It took 24 hours but then it started working.

So right now, are you still using the shopify URL, or did you switched back to your own domain?

SPalmer
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank You - I finally figured it out. Takes effort, but changing the URL to old domain, then changing it back proves to be working! 

TrvlrsClub
Tourist
5 0 1

So I went to go do what you had done and switch the urls back to my new domain, but it looks like it updated on its own. So I guess it's just a waiting game. Thank so much for the advice!

samsiegelwaw
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, so you manually changed all the products domains back, then waited (how long?) and then when you went back to the catalogue manager they had changed back automatically to your new domain and it's still working? It didn't stop working when it auto-reverted back?

Thank you very much, sorry I've been trying to solve this for weeks...

wishnwillow
Visitor
3 0 0

I am so confused readin all of these comments. Can you tell me what you did? Where did you switch your domains? This has been over a month now and its killing me!

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hey everyone, 

Nick here from Shopify. I am seeing a lot of people in this thread with the same issue of their domain changing, affecting your ability to use and connect with Instagram shopping. 

There is a link here from Facebook which has you fill out the information where you select "I was already approved, but now I want to change my domain" and enter your new domain when asked what you need help with in the form. 

Hope this helps! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

I did what Nick says and nothing happened.

vintagedzik
Visitor
2 0 0

How long should I wait until it work?

freyaco
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi guys! Had the same problem two days ago. Tried to do do everything I found useful in this thread and this was how I was able to fix it with no wait time.

1. Change back to your old domain. Make your old domain (the one approved for instagram shopping) your primary domain again. Just redirect traffic from your new domain to your old domain. 

2. Delete your facebook channel, facebook shop channel and instagram channel. Shopify is removing the instagram channel anyway. They integrated it to the new facebook channel. 

3. Add the facebook channel again. Deleting and adding again will reboot your catalog and will change the URLs to your old domain.

4. Go to facebook business manager and delete the catalog with your new domain. Replace it with the catalog with product URLs with your old domain. Note: Doing this will delete all products from your current instagram shop. You'll have to add them again to your instagram and re-tag all your items.

*NO NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR INSTAGRAM SHOPPING. ONLY YOUR PRODUCTS WILL BE DELETED. 

5. Go to the instagram app and choose the catalog. Add your products again. Re-tag them in your photos.

I was able to do this in a day with no wait time. 

samsiegelwaw
Tourist
4 0 0

But then when you visit your domain, it's not the .myshopify one...? That would not be acceptable for me...

AspireG
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Nick,

I have tried what you recommended on two occasions. After about 24 hours I receive an email reply to the form submitted with the generic "you have been approved for Instagram shopping", which suggests that the new domain has been approved. Unfortunately, when I log into Instagram - the same problem persists and it says the domain is not matching. Any further suggestions?

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9
Same here... 3 times and nothing..
samsiegelwaw
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, is this the solution? And if I do this, it asks for Shopify Catalogue ID: where do I find this? I can't see it anywhere.

TrvlrsClub
Tourist
5 0 1
It’s a glitch in Shopify and facebook. Honestly theres nothing we can do
until they fix it.
SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3

There is a easy solution for this.... I already implemented on a few stores.

1. Go to FB Business Manager
  2. Business Settings
  3. Data Origin > Catalogs
  4. Open the Shopify Catalog on the Catalog Admin
  5. Open the Catalog > Data Origin
  6. Select the Catalog
  7. Then go to Setting
  8. Under Rules of Data List
  9. Add new Rule
    1. Use REGEX replace
    2. Column : Link
    3. Existing Value : (?:www.)?mydomain.com
    4. New Value: mydomain.myshopify.com
  10. Apply Rule
  11. Wait until it ends and review the link under Products Tabs
  12. And your are ready to go
  13. Enjoy Tagging on IG

**NOTE: replace mydomain with your own domain

What it does is to change the URL LINK parameter. 

mariambarska
6 0 0

thanks for tips but still get this below last 1 hour. is this normal? what happened is that I changed my domain from special character to regular (être-la.com originally to shopetrela.com) now that I did that my products show on instagram but with (i) showing next to it with message above. somehow the domains are not same or something. but I cant fix it. please help

mariam

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 10.40.06 AM.png

SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3

@mariambarska 

Just go back to Data Origin.... it should show a Progress Bar, and in a minute show completed.

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

I got the same issue, it just loads forever and never complete the process..

SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3

UPDATE !!!

Some of you having issues, just updated the steps.

-------------------------------------------------------

There is a easy solution for this.... I already implemented on a few stores.

1. Go to FB Business Manager
  2. Business Settings
  3. Data Origin > Catalogs
  4. Open the Shopify Catalog on the Catalog Admin
  5. Open the Catalog > Data Origin
  6. Select the Catalog
  7. Then go to Setting
  8. Under Rules of Data List
  9. Add new Rule
    1. Use REGEX replace
    2. Column : Link
    3. Existing Value : (?:www.)?mydomain.com
    4. New Value: mydomain.myshopify.com
  10. Apply Rule (if you stay on the page it will never show completed task)
  11. Go to Data Origin {STEP 5} (to refresh upload progress)
  12. Wait until the progress bar ends
  13. Review the link parameter under Products Tabs (just click 1 product to open info)
  14. And your are ready to go
  15. Enjoy Tagging on IG

**NOTE: replace mydomain with your own domain

What it does is to change the URL LINK parameter. 

Bruun
Visitor
2 0 1

• Review the link parameter under Products Tabs (just click 1 product to open info)

So what you are saying is that it should change the URL to mydomain.myshopify.com............?

SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3
Yes...

Thats the url the instagram has setup
mariambarska
6 0 0

thank you so much, but still I get this message when I am trying to tag. somehow it says domain not matching? I am going crazy

IMG_0077.PNG

SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3
Did the url on your products change?

Thats the first thing to check
mariambarska
6 0 0

I do not not know how to check for url for products or ...other stuff you are asking me to 😞 

Did the url on your products change? - I do not know how to check this. 

Bruun
Visitor
2 0 1

I gave this a try yesterday several times, but running the Rule, Regex-replace with the suggested settings gave no effect.

It reloads the catalog but with no changes to the products URL, these stay the same. ??

SrWager
Tourist
6 0 3
Whats the url on your product pages?

And whats the url of your current shopify store?
mariambarska
6 0 0

thanks for the help and see below 

Whats the url on your product pages? - Where can I look for this?

And whats the url of your current shopify store? shopetrela.com