"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

@MitraTheLabel Yes, but this only works if you don't have an auto feed / Pixel connected because after you change your URL, it'll be overwritten in whatever batch update your current site provides.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
I have a question would it work if I just went back to my Shopify.com
domain name the one that was initially approved by Instagram for shopping?
Or would that mess things up more does anyone know?
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

@Anayah1 Hello.  That is exactly what I did - just with Square.  I originally set up my Instagram shop at mysite.square.site and broke it by going to my  domain.  If you look on page 3 of this thread you can see what my steps were to fix everything and now it is working fine.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 12

Hi everyone!

So this is what I found works for me.  I don't know if it will solve it for you but it's at least worth a try.  I don't know if it will always be like this but for now it solves the issue for my situation.  So like I said I changed my Shopify store domain name to be more customized and that's when the problem started. So I now go to the catalog manager in the business settings of my facebook page where the fb catalog is.  I bring up a product and click "edit product" in the upper right hand corner.  I scroll down to the url details and sure enough it has my new customized Shopify url:  hearttimescafeshop so I actually change just that section to the old url heart-times-cafe.myshopify.com and then I click save.  Pics attached below.   When I do this and then go back into instagram, I can tag that product.  I hope this helps someone!!  Please let me know if you find another workaround! Peace and love xo

my new url but not taggablemy new url but not taggablemy old url taggablemy old url taggable

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 12

So this is what I found works for me.  I don't know if it will solve it for you but it's at least worth a try.  I don't know if it will always be like this but for now it solves the issue for my situation.  So like I said I changed my Shopify store domain name to be more customized and that's when the problem started. So I now go to the catalog manager in the business settings of my facebook page where the fb catalog is.  I bring up a product and click "edit product" in the upper right hand corner.  I scroll down to the url details and sure enough it has my new customized Shopify url:  hearttimescafeshop so I actually change just that section to the old url heart-times-cafe.myshopify.com and then I click save.  Pics attached below.   When I do this and then go back into instagram, I can tag that product.  I don't change it anywhere else, only here.  I hope this helps someone!!  Please let me know if you find another workaround! Peace and love xo

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.58.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.59.00 AM.png

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I tried Jacqueline0method without success for IG.

Anybody has any updates regarding this issue? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

I just tried this and it worked!! thank you so much wow - i have been trying to fix this for weekS!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

"I just tried this and it worked!! thank you so much wow - i have been trying to fix this for weekS!!"

Could you specify what worked for you? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10
This was in reference to the comment just above mine. So when I submitted my domain for approval via Instagram shopping, I put calma-miami.com which is my real URL. For some reason, my catalogue was showing as coming from calma-Floral.myshopify.com and my products were grayed out when I tried to tag them on Instagram. So I did Like the comment above says and went into Facebook Business Manager, went into one of my products and edited the url for each product - the URLs were showing up as calma-miami.com/product name and I changed them to calma-Floral.myshopify.com/productname and the products then become available for tagging.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

Shopify changed my domain back to the Shopify url then did a re boot if all my products. It took 24 hours but then it started working. I have another problem now in that my page keeps disconnecting from Facebook, been off for nearly 2 weeks and they dint know why. Now passed to technical team. Literally spent hours and days in this issue, it’s depressing:-(

0 Likes