"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

CyberGoatStore
Visitor
1 0 5

So I'm trying to tag products on my instagram business page @cybr.goat but it keeps telling me the message that is on the title. I only have ONE product that is able to be tagged, but the rest are there but are unavailable, any help?

Replies 158 (158)
Evan_Angel
Visitor
1 0 1

@SrWager Your solution (found at page 7) has saved me hours if not days of changing URLs or contacting facebook support. You are s small god. Thank you very much.

jaccaraqueen
Visitor
2 0 1
You're so welcome! Glad I could help.
Hydegoods
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, I tried this and am very confused, would be happy to pay you to assist. Desperate to fix it 

Vasilisz
Visitor
1 0 1

How do i fix this 'this product does not use the domain you selected for instagram shopping'?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Vasilisz,

Please see my reply above and click the link following the steps I mentioned. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

vintagedzik
Visitor
2 0 0

It's not working for me 😞

JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 16

So this is what I found works for me.  I don't know if it will solve it for you but it's at least worth a try.  I don't know if it will always be like this but for now it solves the issue for my situation.  So like I said I changed my Shopify store domain name to be more customized and that's when the problem started. So I now go to the catalog manager in the business settings of my facebook page where the fb catalog is.  I bring up a product and click "edit product" in the upper right hand corner.  I scroll down to the url details and sure enough it has my new customized Shopify url:  hearttimescafeshop so I actually change just that section to the old url heart-times-cafe.myshopify.com and then I click save.  Pics attached below.   When I do this and then go back into instagram, I can tag that product.  I don't change it anywhere else, only here.  I hope this helps someone!!  Please let me know if you find another workaround! 🙂Peace and love xo

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.58.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.59.00 AM.png

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16

I just tried this and it worked!! thank you so much wow - i have been trying to fix this for weekS!!!

Vexz90
Visitor
2 0 2

"I just tried this and it worked!! thank you so much wow - i have been trying to fix this for weekS!!"

Could you specify what worked for you? 

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
This was in reference to the comment just above mine. So when I submitted my domain for approval via Instagram shopping, I put calma-miami.com which is my real URL. For some reason, my catalogue was showing as coming from calma-Floral.myshopify.com and my products were grayed out when I tried to tag them on Instagram. So I did Like the comment above says and went into Facebook Business Manager, went into one of my products and edited the url for each product - the URLs were showing up as calma-miami.com/product name and I changed them to calma-Floral.myshopify.com/productname and the products then become available for tagging.
Jephoner
Tourist
7 0 0

samsiegelwaw
Tourist
4 0 0

Ok, I fixed it properly! I literally tried everything and now it works perfectly, with my new domain and all is great. I spoke to Facebook, who said it's shopify's problem, and shopify said it was facebook etc. Eventually someone at facebook suggested this and it actually worked.

The problem is that when I/you signed up for instagram shopping your domain was set, and if you then changed your domain, it doesn't work as you can only have one verified domain on Instagram (and the ONLY way to change is to delete everything and start again). 

You need to basically delete everything and re-apply for instagram shopping with your new domain. It's a huge pain but it's worth it and actually works.

You need to go on your facebook business manager, delete your Shopify catalogue/all products. Delete your facebook shop! Delete everything shop related and change to a personal instagram account. Delete the facebook/instagram channel from your Shopify admin. Go on instagram and settings disconnect the facebook page associated with your account. Go on facebook page settings and remove instagram from your page.

Then I waited a few days on a personal account. The 'shop' tab was still visible on instagram but there were no products there and no catalogue connected. After a few days I went back on Instagram, changed to a business account and then went on settings and 'shopping', and applied for Instagram shopping. Then I set it up on the phone, and I set up the facebook channel on shopify and updated catalogue etc. I can't remember if I had to set up the catalogue before applying again for shopping but I don't think so. Either way it should work. the main thing is to get to the point you can re-apply for instagram shopping and it will ask for the primary domain PUT THE RIGHT ONE. Mine was www.waw.group.

Good luck, I was stuck helplessly for weeks.

Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi there!

This is so frustrating

So did you delete the Facebook sales channel within Shopify as well as deleting everything in Commerce Manager?

ChezFleur
Tourist
4 0 1

I think I figured it out everyone!!!

under the domains in Shopify, you have to change your primary domain to your old URL, so for me it's chez-fleur-ca.myshopify.com

This will allow you to tag from instagram but at the same time will post to your new domain as well, so weather people go to your website or go from instagram, they will find the products on both. Hope that makes sense to everyone. 

Sukie1410
4 0 0

Thanks ChezFleur. How do you change the primary domain to your old URL? Thanks 

ChezFleur
Tourist
4 0 1
Go to your online store tab, then domain tab. And top right corner you’ll
see a button that says change primary domain.
Hope that helps
RidolfoDesigns
Tourist
4 0 9

can you be more specific? the shopify page or the facebook manager?

ChezFleur
Tourist
4 0 1
Shopify page.

AGanjaram
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!! Ive been struggling with this as well and I finally fixed it!!!

You will need to go to your shopify Admin where you can edit “domains”. 

You’ll want to swap your primary domain with your secondary. Thus the new domain will be your secondary and your primary domain will be your old shopify domain. 

It took about a day for the change to go into effect but now all of my items are available on my instagram shop and I can tag them in posts. 

Hope this helps! 

amelieco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! May I know if you did this with the regex replace or just this alone? The regex replace didn't work for me so I'd like to try your suggestion. Thank you so much!

SPalmer
Tourist
4 0 1
I only changed the domain using the catalog manager and it worked.
Eventually it changed back to the new domain, however the tagged post
didn’t change.
SarahA
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi there-- where did you find how to change the domain in the catalog manager? I have looked everywhere for this option and can't find it. Do you mean you just manually changed the URL in each specific listing? Thanks!

Nadinedealmeida
Tourist
7 0 5

You have to delete it. My previous post shows the screenshots the Facebook reps have me to delete the catalogs. 

I can't stress enough how helpful the Facebook and Shopify reps were, I would reach out to them if you need more assistance as they have more access to seeing what's going on on their end. 

AGanjaram
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi i did not do the regex step, only switched the domains. Hope this works for you!
Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2

2020-09-27_10-44-56.png

Hi I have the same issue, the product does not use the domain that you selected...

I have a primary domain and a shopify domain, what are the steps to fix this please?

Nadinedealmeida
Tourist
7 0 5

I had the same issues and contacted Shopify and facebook support. They were awesome, I had to unlink my facebook catalogues, then add the new facebook channel on shopify, verify the domain back on facebook. Then they put in a request to unlink my instagram shopping completely. (I had to logout and login to my instagram to see the 'apply for instagram shopping' page). I applied and it literally took 3 minutes to be accepted again 😄 Everything is back to working as it did with my old domain.

70Lafayette
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there,

did facebook put in the request to unlink your accounts? Can you tell me how on earth you got in contact with them? I just need to bite the bullet and reapply too.

Nadinedealmeida
Tourist
7 0 5

I actually ended up talking to 3 different people that were able to help with the different parts of this. I went through the shopify facebook channel and hit 'get support' in the top right corner. I also went to the facebook commerce manager (where the catalogue manager lives) at the bottom there's a 'help center' button then there's a 'contact support' section. I'm not sure which one worked in the end, but Brittany from Shopify and peach from Facebook were awesome and helped resolve everything! Now that there's a facebook channel within Shopify, they are able to better communicated with each other and resolve the domain issues.

edit: Yes, the facebook rep was able to unlink my instagram shopping. I had to log out and log back in on instagram to have the 'apply for instagram shopping' notification come back up.

🙂

Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2
Thanks

I have a Facebook feed but no Instagram feed!
telltaleheart
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Nadine,

You said you unlinked your catalogues, then re-connected Facebook in Shopify. Can you tell me how you unlinked your Catalogues? Was it as simple as just hitting the trash button on your Facebook sales channel in Shopify and then setting it up all over again? 

The last time I unlinked a sales channel (Instagram), it disappeared and I was never able to re-add it again as a sales channel. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen with Facebook! Any help you can give on the steps you took would be SO appreciated. Looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat!

Nadinedealmeida
Tourist
7 0 5

I'll try and help as much as possible, as this all happened over a weeks span with several facebook/shopify reps helping me (and what felt like going in circles), it's hard to pinpoint exactly what worked and what didn't.

• First things I did was delete the instagram and facebook app on shopify (you'll have to do this eventually anyways as they're phasing it out). Install the facebook channel .
  • Verify your new domain on facebook:
  • Under my facebook listings (even with the new catalogue and domain) it was still showing my old domain under them, so I followed their suggestions:
    • Go to your Facebook Business Page
    • Select Settings as seen here
    • Scroll down in the left-side menu, and click on Shop
    • Under “Platform Shop Settings”, toggle this to “off”
  • We have also seen success from merchants who have deleted their product catalog through the Facebook Business Manager. To do so:
    • Go to https://business.facebook.com
    • Open up the Catalog Manager from the left side menu:

• Inside the Catalog Manager, click into the catalog for ID---------:
    •  

Capture.JPG

• Then access Settings then Catalog, and select "delete":Capture.JPG
    • A warning will popup to confirm the deletion, press Delete again.

• Then Instagram:
    • First, I can recommend filling out this Facebook form and going through the appeal process. To note, you must be logged into your Business Manager account to view this form. At the end of the form, please select that you would like assistance with the domain as seen below

Capture.JPG

Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you, let me attempt this!

Gamesroomco
Tourist
7 0 2

Latest...I am unable to change my IG from business to personal as it says we have a promotion running, we don't!

This is becoming impossible...

Nadinedealmeida
Tourist
7 0 5

When I changed my account from business to personal then back, it didn't change anything, I still had the same catalogue showing. The facebook rep had to do the request to unlink my instagram from insta shopping.

Berryknotty
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!
First of all thank you for posting this, I’ve been struggling for a few days. I’ve done everything in the steps and re-added it all. I’m currently appealing it right now but quick question when I request to appeal is there something that should pop up after I submit? Once submitted it takes me to Facebook support mail but there is nothing that shows up. 

Thanks again for the help!

AartiRawat
Shopify Partner
3 1 0

Hello, Just contact facebook to remove your old submitted request once they remove it, then you can resubmit new instagram verification request with your main domain.

For more help you can visit here 

Tilly
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I have been struggling with this for months. I even received confirmation form Facebook that my Domain was OK and the issue was with Shopify instead about 3 months ago). I found this thread a couple of days ago and followed instructions which included removing catalogs, switching to personal and back to business profile and asking Facebook to UNLINK my shop. Not without having to explain the same many times to the rep but they finally understood my requirement.

1- Facebook said they send it to Internal team and they will contact me.

2- They contacted me after few hours asking for authorisation to unlink as explained here.

3- I approved by email and 24 hours laters got a reply saying that it was done.

4- I went to shopping option from Instagram and I added my domain again and submitted for review.

5- 10 hours later is all done and fixed!

Yay!

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!

Remo1992
Visitor
1 0 0

SOLVED!

same here, I've been struggling with this issue for three months now.

I think the only solution is to contact facebook help center and describe in the best way possible the issue with screenshots as well, they will disconnect whatever the problem is and ask you for reapplying for instagram shopping, that's when I saw actually the name of my main domain that also my products use. so I finished the apply and a few days later the shop is back and works perfectly.

you all should concider that you mus CLAIM your domain in the Business manager.

Enter business manager, form the menu choose Brand Safety--> Domains---> Add Domain. add your MAIN domain and follow the instructions for claiming it and make business manager know that you own that domain.

fridaymagnolia
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi there! So I figured this out. If your products are linked to a separate domain it will pop that error. I had previously had a domain but it changed but Instagram still had my old website. Here is where to change that! Click on website under shopping and you can update the website! I found this by accident and I couldn’t find the answers online. 

C3063141-45CC-4B01-A28A-FEE196EA3A0D.png

EelmonkeyArt
Visitor
1 0 1

Three cheers to the previous reply!!!
HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

Here is the exact menu order:

[OPEN SIDE PANNEL]
SETTINGS  > BUSINESS > SHOPPING > WEBSITE

"And boom goes the dynamite!"

(still keeping my toes crossed, as my domain has yet to officially be verified...)

fridaymagnolia
Visitor
2 0 3

It took them less than a day for them to verify mine! I have no issues now!! 

FriendlyFox
Visitor
1 0 1

This was so helpful. THANK YOU!

FraserAlexander
Visitor
3 0 0

On your mobile device, go to settings > business > shopping > website and you should be able to click on your new domain name or click “verify other website in catalog”. I was then able to tag products again. As a fist step make sure you have already verified your new domain on Facebook business manager and you shouldn’t have any issues. I deleted my old domain name on Facebook business manager to avoid any confusion.

Good luck! 

jonathanchou_01
Visitor
2 0 0

Go to setting which is under your profile page of Instagram and click the 3 lines and click setting then business, then shopping, finely Website, snd choose the website that is in your catlog

mini-muslim-me
Tourist
6 0 1

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1- VERIFY YOUR NEW DOMAIN ON FACEBOOK MANAGER

2- FOLLOW THIS LINK TO VERIFY YOUR DOMAIN ON INSTAGRAM

https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/874710613268135

3- ENJOY YOUR NEW DOMAIN (HAVE TO WAIT 24-TO 48- HOURS

BYE GUYS

zlspradlin
Visitor
2 0 0

Any idea why the "Website" option isnn't in my Business > Shopping menu?

Siddha1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, yesterday I've changed my domain from la-terra-e-il-fuoco.myshopify.com to laterraeilfuoco.com. Everything seams to work but from instagram I can no longer tag my products. On fb business manager says I have to verify the new domain, but I am not able to understand the instructions... it says I have to copy a metatag and add it in the HTML in my shop but I don't know how to do it...Anybody can help?

S_Vibe
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same issue. 

It's clear from this thread that Meta/Facebook support has no idea how to help - as I encountered myself that they were completely oblivious to the nature of this problem.

The fix ix (after you have authorized the Domain of your shop, which is easily found in their help center), to follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etzPgNHnAJY

If you have a correctly set the domain and synced a catalogue, the domain should come up within the app and you can then apply for verification of it. 

12 hours later they approved my catalogue association to the domain and I can once again tag products. I hope you can get it to work also. 

vikramrokade
Tourist
6 0 1

HI,

I had similar issue with my Instagram shop. I resolved this by matching the product urls in the facebook shop and using the same url in Instagram shop. Message me and I will help u resolve this.

Vikram R

Illusion Technologies

Social Media Manager

Razman
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey can help me to fix this issue please