Solved

"This product is in demand! We have reserved it in your cart for 10 minutes! Hurry up"

alexc3301
Visitor
1 0 2

I saw some stores using a variation of this.

Basically, a customer adds a product in their cart and this message pops up above it, saying how the product is in demand and they have 10 minutes to buy the respective product, and if they fail to do so the cart automatically refreshes.

How do I implement this in my store?

Thanks!

Sorry for the potentially stupid question/explanation, I'm just new to e-commerce/shopify 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @alexc3301 

What you're looking for is known as a countdown cart timer. There are a variety of these apps available in our app store. I've compiled a list of some potential options for you below:

With that said, is there a particular reason you want customers to potentially lose out on the items after 10 minutes has elapsed? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hello @alexc3301 

Sagarika here to help!

You can achieve this using the iCart upsell app. You need to check the "Enable Cart Urgency" option as shown below image.

SagarikaDas_0-1624855493635.png

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad
DevsIT
Shopify Expert
72 2 9

Hi @alexc3301 ,
you can try https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown?ref=devsit

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on ce.shahabuddin@gmail.com regarding any help
Certified Shopify Expert | Skype : engr-shahabuddin | Whatsapp: +8801722574364

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @alexc3301 

What you're looking for is known as a countdown cart timer. There are a variety of these apps available in our app store. I've compiled a list of some potential options for you below:

With that said, is there a particular reason you want customers to potentially lose out on the items after 10 minutes has elapsed? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tcmoila
Visitor
2 0 1

Is there a way that the countdown apps would also reserve stock for unique items?

i.e. 1 item in stock, once customer adds to the cart, it is no longer possible for any other site visitors to add to cart?

JKReiss
Tourist
4 0 1

We need this as well! Lots of cart timers are out there, but nothing that prevents another shopper from placing the unique item into their cart for the reserve timer.