"Unable to Access"... the domain I purchased and verfied

plantainbake
1 0 0

Hi, I'm very new to starting an online store and have run into a very frustrating problem.

I purchased the domain "plantainbakeshop.com" through Shopify and verified it today with an email I had previously used for what is now an inactive store (opened to experiment with the platform months ago). When I try to access plantainbakeshop.com I get a page that tells me it's unavailable and to login or contact support.

When I try to login I end up in a circuitous mess. I cannot access support for the domain I purchased because it will only show my inactive store. When I use the email I verified the domain with, it shows the following:

Unable to access Plantainbakeshop  

It looks like you don't have access to this store. Contact the store administrator for access.

Choose a different account.

I'm so confused. I purchased the domain. I verified the domain. It does not show up on my admin page (as per the related "domains" help article) for the email address used to verify the domain. What's the deal?

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
84 24 12

Hi, @plantainbake!

Hilary here, I work at Shopify. I am sorry to hear you've been having some troubles with your domain. To clarify, your domain plantainbakeshop.com is not connected to the correct store? Or, you're having trouble logging in to the store that the domain is connected to? 

When I visit https://plantainbakeshop.com/ I am directed to a password protected page. This tells us that the domain is linked to a store that is currently active. Here is what I see when I search your domain: 

17-44-77115-37686

If this is not the page you are seeing, can you please try loading the page in an incognito or private browsing window. After that, please try clearing your cache and cookies, and loading the website again. If you are still seeing an "unavailable page", please share a screenshot with me in a reply here. 

If you are also seeing the password page, but cannot login to your Shopify Admin, it may be that you are using the incorrect email address or store URL to log into the store. What happens when you try to login here? Is the result the screenshot you shared in your post? 

Make sure you are using the email address you signed up for Shopify with to login to your admin. If you are not sure which email is connected, you can try using our store URL recovery tool. Follow the link, and enter your email address that you believe is associated with your Shopify account. An email will be sent to that email address sharing the store URL of any stores that are associated. Please follow this process for any email address you own to determine which email address is associated with your current Shopify store. 

Once you have determined the correct store URL (for example: example-store.myshopify.com) and email address associated with the account, please try to login to your admin again using those details. 

Let me know how this goes!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes