"We Don't Offer Shipping To Utah" shipping issue

Solved
Lotta-Lite
Tourist
10 0 5

Hello All! 

(I have seen previous posts about this issue, but only for countries not states.)

We have had a customer reach out to us about this error they are receiving when trying to checkout.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.29.09 AM.png

At first I thought the shipping rate was the issue, but we offer Domestic shipping within the U.S. which does not exclude any states. I added a new rate up to 3lbs to test the order and still no luck with getting the error to go away at checkout.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.37.41 AM.png

I also thought about checking the products for the "Inventory tracked by" solution, but we don't even have that as an option.

The only way I got it to go away was to remove a couple products from the cart, leading me to believe its a weight issue?

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
355 37 64

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Lotta-Lite !

At first glance, this definitely looks like a weight issue. If you add up the weight of all the items in the cart for this order, plus the weight of the default package for your store, is it more than 3 pounds? If so, I'd definitely recommend raising the weight ceiling on the most expensive shipping option.

Also, just to double check if you click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of the Domestic, United Staes line from your screenshot, it should bring up the full list of states. It sounds like you may have already checked this but let's ensure that Utah is toggled on.

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Lotta-Lite
Tourist
10 0 5
Thank you Oliver! It seems it took a minute for my rate change to take
effect, but that was the solution! I added another rate for 3.1 to 6lbs as
well just in case.

Appreciate your help!
0 Likes