Solved

"Your Cart" section, I need to change the "Add A Note To Your Order" wording.

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

For the "Add A Note To Your Order" during checkout, I need to change the wording to "If 3rd party is required, please note the account number here or any additional required information".

I would appreciate help with this.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Print_2002!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Yeah sure, this can be changed within the language editor of your theme. You can navigate there by clicking Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit language. 

2019-07-0b088-n8jtr

Once you're in the next screen, you can just type the sentence "add a note to your order" into the search box. This will bring up all the areas that it appears on your store. Editing this will then reflect these changes on your storefront. 

2019-08-fudq4-nr5qw

We also have a guide in our help centre all about changing the wording of themes so be sure to check it out here: http://bit.ly/2RK6B2a.

Hope this helps but let me know if you need any further clarification or if you need a hand with anything else at all. I am always happy to help!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Print_2002!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Yeah sure, this can be changed within the language editor of your theme. You can navigate there by clicking Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit language. 

2019-07-0b088-n8jtr

Once you're in the next screen, you can just type the sentence "add a note to your order" into the search box. This will bring up all the areas that it appears on your store. Editing this will then reflect these changes on your storefront. 

2019-08-fudq4-nr5qw

We also have a guide in our help centre all about changing the wording of themes so be sure to check it out here: http://bit.ly/2RK6B2a.

Hope this helps but let me know if you need any further clarification or if you need a hand with anything else at all. I am always happy to help!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

Hello! @Lulu 

Thank you for the detailed response. I did make the change to the wording and saved it, however the changes are not showing up on the online store. I've cleared the browser, logged out and relogged, but the change doesn't seem to take effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

@Lulu 

Also, the changes I made are saved within the Shopify Cart Language section, but they are still displaying the default language on the website.

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @Print_2002.

Thanks for coming back to me. If it is changed in the language editor but not reflecting in your storefront it is more than likely a cache error. Can you pass on your store link here and I'll check it on my end? Also, please clear your cache and cookies on your side and ensure you are using Google Chrome and double-check it then for me? 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

@Lulu 

https://phoenixprintinginc.com/

I was using Firefox and IE. I did a download of Chrome and it's still reflecting the original language. I'm confused on this one because the updated language is definitely saved under the our shop.

Thanks again!

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

@Lulu 

Hello! I was wondering if you had a chance to check out our URL I included in my previous post.

Thanks!

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @Print_2002.

Apologies for the delay, I was out of office. Can you send me a screenshot of where you are still seeing the old text, please?

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @Print_2002.

I got your private message with them screenshots, thanks so much. We can't reply privately just publicly. I went to your URL and the correct text is showing on my end: 

2019-08-cyp7f-6gh1g

As I advised earlier this would be a cache issue. Please clear your cache and cookies and ensure you are using Google Chrome. Opening an incognito browser should also show you the correct text or trying it out in another browser but I assure you it has been changed as you can see from my screenshot.

All the best,

Lulu

Print_2002
Excursionist
22 0 25

Thank you again for your help!

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

You are very welcome, glad you got it sorted! Let me know if you need anything else at all, I am always happy to help! 

Best Wishes,

Lulu

OliveU
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu

I'm trying to change the next from "ORDER NOTE" to "Add a GIFT MESSAGE" and the solution you refer to above isn't working. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.