re-visiting cost of goods sold field( or lack thereof)

1 0 1

I'm surprise of the responses that the Shopify team writes on this subject, you would expect an answer that makes sense.

It's so frustrating not having this otpion to write the cost of goods!! If I would have known before, I would have never bought their ecommerce site.   Knowing your profit from the sales is SO fundamental.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 5

True StitchLabs is helpful - BUT we have found that the sales do not always align correctly per day. our Accoutant does not like!

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 5

I couldn't agree more. it seems so fundamental to know what you've sold, AND what you've really made in profit.

Shopify - isn't it true that COST used to be a field about 18 months ago, before you added the POS feature? I swear it was part when i was researching. 

we are looking for alternative integrations and an alternative POS. 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 10

C'mon... make this happen on the next update please.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 11

HOW ABOUT SOME FEEDBACK FROM SHOPIFY REGARDING THIS ISSUE?

This thread was initiated SIX months ago. The last feedabck from a Shopify employee was SIX months ago. The thread continues to receive ongoing requests for this feature currently in July 2015. If you search, there are other threads requesting this feature dating back several years.

An update on this topic from Shopify is long past due. And no tap dancing maybe, and or if vague replies. IS SHOPIFY GOING TO IMPLEMENT THIS FEATURE OR NOT?

Thank you.

4 Likes
1 0 1

I have a online store that we use shopify and a brick and mortar stoer that we use SHOPKEEP!!! Shopkeeo had been nothing but amazing , but I want everything on one platform. I want to switch my POS over to shopify but, not having COCGS has made me not make the switch. I guess they dont want my extra income per month. Shopkeep is even more per month at $50 ,but worth every penny with all of the features that they have. Makes running my comapny smooth. Please input COGS so  Ican switch.

1 Like
1 0 2

I'm just starting my retail store.  I'm a 100% resale store.  I also have an accounting degree and am in Internal Auditor by trade.  Not having a way to input purchase orders makes me twitch.  Hard.  It's not that difficult.  I dont' think that Shopify needs to create a true COGS field with all the bells and whistles.  I think what most people are asking for is a way to input purchase orders.  This is very simple, in my head at least.  Instead of just pushing a +/- button to add inventory, let me go to a purchase order tab.  A dropdown box lets me pick the vendor, then another would let me select the products I just got.  For each product/variant, I list quantity received and cost per item, then at the bottom, I list my shipping cost.  That's really all I need.  That info could be exported to accounting software easily.  No need for Shopify to have to build in factors like accounting methods or such.  This really isn't hard.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

I don't feel I should have to pay MORE a month for a simple addition that ShopKeep integrated very easily in their app.  Everyday I resent paying Shopify what I pay and feel I don't get my money's worth and to say I have to spend MORE money a month for an app to solve a problem I shouldn't have is ridiculous!  I might give up my ecommerce site and go back to ShopKeep!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Please Please Please put this in! I have been asking every time I do a customer service call or chat to find out if it is added yet and always the same answer :( and I have been with this site for almost 3 years now!  
It really doesn't have to be hard. Right where you have the "Price" and "Compare To" spots just add "Cost". A very simple way to start out, that way if you go back and look at a product you can at least know what the price was.
I would gladly up my monthly program fee if it would include this feature. 
And yes I have Profiteer, thank you to the creator of this but really it is like putting a bandaid on massive head wound. As good as it is, its not the easiest solution. I don't always remember to click the app button and put in the cost there...plus I already get massive amounts of emails, I don't want another one, I just want to look and go. 
So I can keep my accountant from going bald, please add this soon! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Excellent Web page, Carry on the good job.

Offset Printing Joaquin County

Printing Services in San Joaquin
0 Likes