re-visiting cost of goods sold field( or lack thereof)

Tourist
22 0 1

Did y'all know you can track COGS + profit for free with the OrderMetrics app now? Not just a free trial, but free. https://apps.shopify.com/order-metrics-profit-analytics

Our software helps you lower shipping costs and improve your gross profit margin.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hello everyone!

We kept our promise; 

The Prosperous Shop is here!!! We kept our promise throughout all the setbacks. Retail will never be the same again.

The Prosperous Shop
For small and growing retailers who are currently using spreadsheets or a string of apps to run the business; our smart analytics are that best-in-class solution that takes care of your product life-cycle management.
Unlike software the provides data to LOOK AT, we give you data to look at then tell you what to WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Our software provides the help that you want and the features you need because; WE KNOW RETAIL AND WE EXIST TO HELP YOU GROW.

Join our Beta and try for 2 months FREE at www.theprosperousshop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi Dennis,

You may not have seen all of the responses from Shopify on this issue, but their official line is that they are not primarily an accounting platform, and therefore will not be including COGS and the complexities that come with that. (you can probably search this site for their responses).

I think that's why us app developers are posting here - to help you grow profitable businesses.

I totally get your position, and you may want to hold out just on principle. However, if you begin to track your profits with an app that costs alot less than $50 per month, you'll be paying for the app many times over in a very short space of time with your increased profits. It's that return on investment that leads many to integrate an app. 

There comes a point in many businesses, hopefully yours, where you begin to scale and grow. When you hit that point, the back end/office is where the change needs to happen.

Our app helps you to transition into the scale-up phase with our range of features. I won't list them here. You can find us if you want to. I know that you don't want to be spammed.

I wish you well with your venture - I acknowledge that you shouldn't have to work quite so hard to build your businesses.

Kind regards,

Karen

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

That Delerious Profit App is a clone of my App with a new skin. I like the attempt to go further! It has some pretty lame issues too, but not much can done there, as per accounting issues. Nice to see some competition I can borrow inspiration from. Not easy inventing things from scratch. I will certainly benefit from checking out a few other Apps too. The space is getting crowded. I need not mention that most merchants care little for the Profit emphasis on things and in reality care about costs much more. Something I need to revamp big-time moving forward. Only comes out after processing a few billion in sales.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi All,

I'm happy to confirm that our app is finally live and in the app store under the inventory category.

We offer profit reporting through our easy to use, yet powerful dashboard, inventory visability across locations, purchase orders, price markdowns.

Feel free to take us for a test drive - we offer a 14 day free trial

Kind regards,

Karen and the team

The Prosperous Shop

0 Likes