re-visiting cost of goods sold field( or lack thereof)

Shopify Partner
195 0 11

Garret,

We're you're app. We're a long time coming with our app, but we think you'll be delighted with how well we know retail and how much easier and more profitable we'll make life for you.

I hear you that you're busy. If you click our logo above and fill in your details, I'd be happy to share our feature list with you. The problem with stating them publicly here is that there are a lot of copy cats and that never leads to the best product for you all.

I've just secured funding because I want to make this app experience the best there is and the most helpful for your business there is.

Anyone is welcome to sign up to our free beta trial.

I'm committed to your success.

Kind regards,

Karen

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

Or take an App that has actually been released over 700 days ago... putting billions through it... proven. No vapour ware here Profiteer

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 0 11

'Hunky Bill'

I've noted your MO in the forums. You troll these conversations and attack any new app that you feel threatened by, by trying to point out flaws or discredit the app developer.

I think it's time to report your activity to the Shopify app team. This sort of forum bullying is unacceptable.

Competition is a fact of life- it ensures that the folks on here get the absolute best help out there. 

You seem to suggest that I post on here for fun or something. I think your behaviour speaks volumes. I wouldn't trust someone like you in business. You're making yourself look really bad. Not the best customer acquisition strategy I've seen.

Now, if you don't mind, I've given years to share my retail knowledge with smaller retailer merchants. Let this be the last of this forum trolling/bullying, thanks.

ps, it seems that you edited/deleted the first hostile version of your post - would I be correct? Was this your first draft?...

Shopify Forums forums@shopify.com via dynect-mailer.net 

6:10 PM (30 minutes ago)

to Shopify

HunkyBill just posted a new comment on "re-visiting cost of goods sold field( or lack thereof)":

"Not only are there App Copy Cats, but there are also posters that have spent a year or more promising that any day now, they might be ready to reveal and show you their version of the solution. But who knows... after a year is it just vapour ware? Imaginary? Instead of launching something, anything, to prove they offer some value, they just make promises telling you to trust them, they are awesome... it is kinda funny... The moment they actually do launch, all their secrets will be revealed m..."

Not nice, Hunky Bill. Not nice.

1 Like
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

I said nothing mean, threatening, bullying or otherwise bad. I attacked no one and I can remind you that participation in a public forum is indeed not without risk. As you wisely point out, competition is indeed a fact of life. I have to deal with that everyday, naturally.

So let the chips fall where they may Karen. Still waiting on your App to be released... whenever you can and whenever you are ready. Not because I am scared of your competition in this tiny niche space, but because I truly do want to see your actual App, and see how awesome it is. Who knows, I might even see something to "copy cat"...

Thanks!

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

To devs fighting among themselves as to who's app is better: You are missing the point. We do not want apps. The COGS feature is an absolute must for any POS system. Shopify does not have it and does not plan on having it and it becomes a competitive disadvantage (not to mention astronomical processing rate they would charge you to process payments)

1 Like
Shopify Partner
195 0 11

Hang tight Hunky Bill. Not far away now.... who knows? I may even have a job for ya ;)  Xxx

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 0 11

Hey Michael,

I absolutely agree with you. COGS is an essential feature. We can't deliver our actions and insights without it, which is why we fix this problem and go way beyond with tools that help you.

You seem to be aware that it's not going to be added any time soon, this is why so many merchants, reluctantly or otherwise, are looking to apps to extend the core capability of Shopify. I'm sorry you had to witness that bickering.

I'm well aware of the resentment that many of you feel toward this. If you had great tools that helped you to run a more efficient and profitable business, that app would pay for itself many many times over and would be a great ROI for merchants. My aim is to provide merchants with that great tool, but at the end of the day, I'm here to work with those businesses that want to grow, despite the challenges.

Regards,

Karen

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Good luck with your app. We found a better solution through a different POS system (see my post above in this thread). I imagine many others are doing the same.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
195 0 11

Thank you Michael.

I scrolled back a bit and see you mentioned Vend. Is that who you've moved to? I know the guys at Vend. Met with them in New Zealand and in London a couple of years back.

I'm curious though Michael, if you've moved on and found another solution, how come you still hang out in this forum? Do you use a blend of Shopify and Vend or something?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

We use Shopify to run online sales. Everything else is done from VEND

0 Likes