reCaptcha Login admin page issue

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi all, 

I'm an automation tester and my customer want me to implement some automation scripts on Shopify Admin page. The problem is the Google reCaptcha displayed on the Login admin page and it prevented the automation script do its job. 

Do you have any idea on it? Do we have any way to turn off the reCaptcha? I have the full permission on Partners account and Shopify admin page.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 707

Hi Vinh Tran

1. There are some reCatptcha solver services but that's a very brutish way and I would definitely not recommend using that on Shopify.
  2. reCaptcha test keys, but that can only be done by Shopify and I cannot imagine them doing so in a production environment

So that leaves us with the question: Why and what does your customer need tested in Shopify's admin?

If it's about creating orders, customers, products, checkouts etc. for other tests to depend on, then I'd suggets looking in to Shopify's REST Admin API or GraphQL Admin API and Storefront API.

Let us know what your specific test cases require. Thanks!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thanks Karl, we have a Sale Channel app and our customer want to make sure their merchants can install our app without any issue on thier Shopify pages.

That why I need to write the automation script to handle this case.

The test case is:

1. Merchant login to our system

2. On our Dashboard site, we have an option to allow merchant to connect his shopify to our system

3. After he entered his shopify name and hit on Connect button, he will be redirected to his shopify page to Add our Sale Channel app (The shopify will require enter his shopify account information in this step and the reCaptcha is required in this step also)

4. After he logged on Shopify, he will be redirected to a page to add our Sale Channel app and approve the fees also.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 707

Interesting. This is something for your Shopify sales channel rep and devs to tackle.

Sorry, can't think of a viable workaround for that specific test scenario.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Yah, thank you very much Karl ;)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Is there sometime a real answer out here???  Seems like everything we want to do end up being a dev job in Shopify!!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Google reCaptcha works very well, so automation script simply can't bypass it!

So the only option remain is to resolve the captcha, and we can do it with some 3rd party services like deathbycaptcha, anticaptcha, bestcaptchasolver

T
hese 3rd party captcha resolve services provide SOCKET/HTTP API endpoints/functions and they generally are very accurate and works well, so with automation code you can simply integrate it.

0 Likes