recent update with print order?

Excursionist
13 0 13

When viewing an order I was always able to click print and the order would print with a typical font size, all fitting on a single page unless it was an unusually large order.  Now there is a dropdown arrow to print the order and it's printing in a very large font, where even a single item order doesn't fit on a single printed page.  How can I fix this???  

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 1

We are also expereincing this issue. When we print an order, the order is printed very large and vital infomation such as the order number is printed too small. 

We would like this reverted as it seems like a bug. As stacy was saying, we also now have an unnessairy dropdown over the print button. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm also having this issue. I can deal with the extra place to click if someone can just fix the font size/formatting.

1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 13

I submitted a help ticket via email after I had an unsuccessful online chat, this was the response I received as a work around for the time being. I suggest submitting an email help ticket letting them know you're also having this issue, the more voices they hear the more likely they are to find a fix. 

"In the meantime, I know it is also extra work, but I've found a way to shrink page content when printing if you view it as a .pdf file first! I know this is less than ideal, but I believe it involves less work than creating creating a custom invoice! Click here to view that link and see if it seems like an acceptable workaround in the meantime! It's shrinking the entire page rather than just the font size, but still allows you to show more information on one page."

1 Like
Tourist
21 0 1

I am also having this issue - the larger scale print is making it so orders are printing out 2 or even 3 pages.  And yes, I am also needing to do the extra clicking.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 13

I can only encourage you all to subit support tickets and hope they hear us.  Their fix for me was to add payment information to the invoice, so now I have to click Apps, print with order printer, then make changes so that it will fit on a single page (3 items is the most that will fit on a single page even with ZERO margins) and then print.  Such a waste of time for something that was so easy and simple previously  I don't think Shopify pays any attention to these forums or the isues we post about, please submit a support ticket with the issue, hopefully our voices are heard and they just fix the font size as we've requested. 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 6

It looks like they might have made some changes, as I was about to contact them regarding this.

The new size isn't a massive issue I find as we usually only sell 1 or 2 items and it all fits on a page, but they also changed it so that the date at the top was instead replaced with "yesterday" or "today" when appropriate.

All well and good on the computer, but when printed this is useless.  I have a whole stack of printed orders here that all say "Today 2:15" or "Yesterday 8:47" at the top of the page, so very difficult to search back through old order forms and keep them in order.

Was just about to make a support ticket about this but when I went to print an order this morning it printed "April 1" at the top.  Looks like it may have been resolved.

0 Likes
8 0 0

I was having problems printing out orders as well.

I finally found the issue. I had made a change to the size (150%), which made all my orders and receipts print on 2 or more pages and very large text size.

It looks like maybe defaults settings get changed, if you manually change printer settings in another app,

Judy Foley Buckwheat Pillow Canada 927 March Rd., Kanata, ON K2K 1X7 www.perfectpillow.com www.buckwheatpillowcanada.com
0 Likes