Solved

recommendations for email marketing besides Mailchimp

High5iveBargain
Tourist
9 0 3

Good Evening Shopify Community,

I was previously using Mailchimp, but we all know there is no longer a relationship with Shopify. I have not yet succeeded in any sales and I am slowly building an email contact list. Does anyone recommend an email marketing app that operates as the same as MailChimp? I prefer a drag and drop solution with simple options. If I can access a free account, that will be better, but if I have to pay. it would have to be affordable. I know there are options in the app store, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @High5iveBargain!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

I'm glad to hear you're building a contact list; having an email newsletter to stay in touch with customers is a great marketing tool.

While we have a ton of email marketing apps in our App Store, finding the right one for your business can be quite daunting. Other than the drag-and-drop builder, what else are you looking for in an email marketing app? 

You may be interested in checking out an app called Seguno. This one has some great reviews and also includes a drag-and-drop email builder, much like Mailchimp. It also includes a robust reporting system, offers dynamic product recommendations for customers, and has a direct integration with Shopify's own marketing and communications app, Kit, allowing you to automatically email new blog posts so that your subscribers are always in the loop.

Another really popular option is Klaviyo. Like Seguno, this one also offers a drag-and-drop builder. A few other key features include the ability to integrate with customer loyalty rewards apps like Swell and Smile.io, and high-level insights so you can track how your email campaigns are performing.

I also recommend checking out Omnisend, which includes many of the same features as Klaviyo and Seguno, but also offers you the ability to send SMS messages to your customers. Another unique feature of Omnisend is the ability to turn your visitors into subscribers with fully customizable signup forms, popups, landing pages, and a "wheel of fortune" that will award your customers with a prize in exchange for subscribing to your emails. 

We actually have a forum post outlining a number of Mailchimp alternatives I highly recommend checking out. This post includes a chart that compares a number of different apps, so you can check out their features and pricing structures at a glance. If you have any questions about these apps, you can always find the developers' contact information on their respective app pages, right under the Support section.

As you begin crafting your email campaigns, I highly suggest checking out our guide, Email Marketing 101: How to Build Your List, Send Effective Campaigns, and Track Results. This guide includes a ton of great tips on what kind of emails to send and how you can measure the success of your email marketing campaigns. What kind of content are you looking to include in your emails? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @High5iveBargain!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

I'm glad to hear you're building a contact list; having an email newsletter to stay in touch with customers is a great marketing tool.

While we have a ton of email marketing apps in our App Store, finding the right one for your business can be quite daunting. Other than the drag-and-drop builder, what else are you looking for in an email marketing app? 

You may be interested in checking out an app called Seguno. This one has some great reviews and also includes a drag-and-drop email builder, much like Mailchimp. It also includes a robust reporting system, offers dynamic product recommendations for customers, and has a direct integration with Shopify's own marketing and communications app, Kit, allowing you to automatically email new blog posts so that your subscribers are always in the loop.

Another really popular option is Klaviyo. Like Seguno, this one also offers a drag-and-drop builder. A few other key features include the ability to integrate with customer loyalty rewards apps like Swell and Smile.io, and high-level insights so you can track how your email campaigns are performing.

I also recommend checking out Omnisend, which includes many of the same features as Klaviyo and Seguno, but also offers you the ability to send SMS messages to your customers. Another unique feature of Omnisend is the ability to turn your visitors into subscribers with fully customizable signup forms, popups, landing pages, and a "wheel of fortune" that will award your customers with a prize in exchange for subscribing to your emails. 

We actually have a forum post outlining a number of Mailchimp alternatives I highly recommend checking out. This post includes a chart that compares a number of different apps, so you can check out their features and pricing structures at a glance. If you have any questions about these apps, you can always find the developers' contact information on their respective app pages, right under the Support section.

As you begin crafting your email campaigns, I highly suggest checking out our guide, Email Marketing 101: How to Build Your List, Send Effective Campaigns, and Track Results. This guide includes a ton of great tips on what kind of emails to send and how you can measure the success of your email marketing campaigns. What kind of content are you looking to include in your emails? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

High5iveBargain
Tourist
9 0 3

As always, Shopify gurus to the rescue. Julie you ROCK! Thank you for your recommendations. I think I like Omnisend. Having access to sending SMS.

Andrew0883
Tourist
5 0 2

Wow, thanks, I've been looking for new tools for a long time

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Thank you for your recommendations, I prefer Omnisend, but others are also very good apps 🙂

Helpcenterapp

DeepVarnish
Shopify Expert
33 3 11

Seguno is definitely worth a look. We worked with a small business that uses it and they love it. Of course there are lots of other options. 

Vektr
Visitor
1 0 0

Email marketing is a great way for small businesses to connect with their customers and promote their products or services. However, with so many different email marketing platforms available, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business. Here are some of the must-have characteristics/ features of an ideal email marketing platform.

I would recommend you to check out Hippo Marketing Automation.
Hippo is one of the best email marketing platforms available for Shopify. It provides you with every feature of an ideal email marketing platform and much more. With Hippo, you can create and manage your email lists, automate your email marketing campaigns, and track the results. You can create beautiful email newsletters that help you engage with your customers and grow your business.