refund button

Tourist
11 0 2

Hello,

Do you know why I can not see the refund button on my orders?

Thank you

o1.PNGo2.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

Hey, @daiana!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

To answer your question, sometimes an order won't have a refund option. This can happen for a few different reasons. First of all if payment hasn't been captured yet you won't have the option to refund the order. It looks like this is the case with order ADN3284. As you can see here payment for this order is still pending:

21-32-p8krf-2rcq9

Another possible cause is if the total for the order was $0. If no money was accepted on the order it won't be possible to mark it as refunded, as there is nothing to refund.

The last option is that the order has already been refunded. It doesn't look like that's the case with either of these orders, as it would display "Refunded" instead of "Paid" or "Payment pending".

In any of these cases you will still be able to restock the products if that hasn't already been done!

It looks like your business is using our draft orders option, which is great! Do you often take customer orders over the phone or create orders to provide a more tailored experience?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2
Thanks for your response. Can you please tell me why I don't have a refund
button for this order?
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Thanks for your response. Can you please tell me why I don't have a refund button for this ordero1.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 40 70

Thank you for that screenshot @daiana

My first instinct is to say that, for this order, the issue could be related to the payment gateway that was used, as I can't see any other obvious indicators as to why there is no option to refund.

However, without looking into the order in more detail I can't be sure. I've sent you an email to the address you use for the forums. Please feel free to get back to me there if you'd like me to continue looking into this with you!

Thanks again,

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes