restricted drop down menu

Highlighted
3 0 0

Afternoon,

Im looking for some guidance.

On my store, customers can select quantity when viewing a product - I want the setup to change slightly.

What I want: I want a drop down on the product with a list of numbers (example: 1 - 10). The customer can select a number from the drop down and it adds it to the cart (and removes the number from the dropdown, essentially out of stock).

Is this possible?

I know I can create an option called 'numbers' then add 10 variants with the numbers. But how to I get the number to disapear from the drop down when they have ordered?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
906 185 212

Hello,

So you mean If a customer visit store and add 1-10 it will removed for him so he can't add it again in same session.
If you are looking for this, yes its possible.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes thats correct - But if the customers buys it then it also removes it for everyone (as in out of stock)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
906 185 212

then you can go with variant option and set stock (quantity) 1 for variant 1-10 
In this way if any customer first order this product with variant 1-10 for other's it will be out of stock.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Its kind of worked - However, when I click 'Add to cart', I was hoping it would remove it from the dropdown immediately. As it is, they could press 'add to cart' multiple times meaning they keep adding more to the basket

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
906 185 212

For that you have to customize it a/to requirement.
There is different scenarios in it like what other options you have in same product.
But if you have just one variant available in this product you can simply hide it with JS and change add to cart button text as button clicked and until that product will remain in cart. 

0 Likes