sale but fraudulent ? NEED HELP ASAP !!!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Should I proceed to fullfilment or not ? Following is shopify's message and I don't know what to do. I Sell in Australia , the order is from Melbourne Australia also . I also thought the email adress sounded sketchy. Does that make any difference on the fraudulent analysis ? Thank you very much for your help!!!!!

Fraud analysis : HIGH

What you can do

Contact the customer to verify their identity and the purchase before you fulfill the order. Learn more about our improved fraud analysis, or how you can prevent fraud.

Order name : Manttana Tuara

Email

manttana.tuaraa@hotmail.com

Indicators

• Characteristics of this order are similar to fraudulent orders observed in the past
  • Card Verification Value (CVV) is correct
  • Billing address or credit card's address wasn't available
  • Billing address ZIP or postal code isn't available to match with credit card's registered address
  • There was 1 payment attempt
  • Payment was made with 1 credit card
  • Location of IP address used to place the order is Melbourne, Australia
  • Shipping address is 17 km from location of IP address
  • Billing country matches the country from which the order was placed
  • The IP address used to place the order isn't a high risk internet connection (web proxy)

Name on card

**** han

Cardholder name and family name different from costumer 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is the ship to and bill to information different? It could be that it was placed as a gift. I see that billing info wasn't provided though in the description so I would maybe reach out to the person who placed the order and just mention that it was flagged and you wanted to touch base to get the billing info and name on the card. Or refund the card and ask if they have an alternate method of payment (PayPal, etransfer, whatever) as the purchase was flagged in the system. That way it initiated dialogue with them and you can kind of tease out more info and see if it sounds legit. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Berk!

Another option you could utilize is a form of customer verification - sending either a text or email to have the customer confirm their purchase before you move forward approving the order.  

I work with an awesome team at NS8, a legit comprehensive fraud platform and Shopify partner. We help merchants like yourself have complete control in understanding flagged suspicious orders in real time and provide customer verification options so you're not guessing whether to approve or cancel an order: send the merchant a text or email to verify their identity and ask them to confirm their order. This stalls bots and human scammers and takes the guesswork out of legitimate orders on your side. 

The app also plugs directly into Shopify's API so your store is being protected immediately after installation (no coding necessary!)

I'm available for any questions you may have - Feel free to check out NS8 app on Shopify's marketplace in the meantime.

Strengthen your defenses against fraud with an immediate solution @ NS8. https://bit.ly/32sVHDR
0 Likes