second domain for booking events

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi ,

I wanted to know if I decide to buy a second domain on my primary account, is there a way to have that domain search directed to a specific page on that site? This page or pages would also be planning to incorporate bookable events - is 'Book That App' plugin something that would work with this too?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 15 18

Hi, @gibbsclaire!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

While you can definitely purchase multiple domains to point to your Shopify store, there is no native way to have a secondary domain link to a single page on your store. With that being said, may I ask why you are looking to have a custom domain to link to your event booking page?

An option you could consider is creating another Shopify account as a landing page for your BookThatApp application to associate it to the new domain. This would be the only way to have the new domain link to a single page for the use of the event booking app.

I definitely understand that this means an additional cost to your business. However, if you are not looking to process sales in correlation with the BookThatApp application, you can select the Dormant plan for your secondary store at $14 USD a month. Also know as ''pausing your store'', the Dormant plan allows your customers to access the site/page as they normally would but the checkout functionality is disabled. This allows you to have a static page for the application at a lower monthly cost.

If you would like to move forward with this option, you can create a new account with a 14 day free trial here. From the new account, you can head to Settings > Plan and permissions to select the Basic Plan. By first selecting an active plan, you will enable the option to ''Pause your store''. If you scroll to the bottom of the Plan and Permission page, you will see the area to put your plan on Dormant/Pause:

27-49-tuimv-ypqi8

On that note, should you see a charge for the Basic Plan of $29 USD while going through the process of pausing the store, you will be credited on your next billing cycle. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions regarding your invoices; we will be happy to take a look.

I hope this option helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes