sell digital downloads

sandeepkaur
1 0 0

I would like to sell Pdf sewing patterns for instant download on Shopify. How can my Shopify Account be linked to my bank account? How do I get paid? DO I need a license for this? I new at this and all of this is just confusing. I hop

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@sandeepkaur 

Great questions! 

• How can my Shopify Account be linked to my bank account?
    • You can not link your Shopify account to your bank account. What you would link to your bank account would be the payment provider you enable in your store. Your Shopify account and the payment providers you enable in your store are two separate things. See question two below for more information. 
  • How do I get paid?
    • How you get paid is determined by what payment provider you use. Some payment providers will send your funds directly to your bank account, whereas some payment providers would hold your funds in a virtual account. If you can let me know what country you're from, I can provide a list of available payment providers for your area. 
  • DO I need a license for this? 
    • Shopify does not require one but your local municipality might. It would be best to speak with a local tax consultant for this as we cannot provide tax and/or legal advice. A local tax expert can give you insight on if you need to have a specific license to sell products online, and if you need to charge tax. 

If you hope to sell PDF patterns, then you may be interested in using Digital Downloads - The app was developed by Shopify and is free to use. You can learn more about Digital Downloads through our help centre here

You may find our Intro to Shopify document helpful in providing more information on what we offer. You can also sign up for our free Shopify course which will guide you through the steps on setting up your store. 

I know setting up a new store and business can be daunting. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions as I'd be happy to help!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes