setting up my first shopify store

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hello Everyone,

I cant seem to find the discussion, but I have seen a few people offer to set up shopify accounts for free as they get a kick back from Shopify itself when new users start to make money, is this still the case?

If not do anyone on this community forum offer services to set up stores? It will only have to be basic to start with as going forward I would like to do the work myself but with so many other things I am trying to do it would help me out if this could be done for me.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you in advance

Dan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi Dan,

Yes, as far as I am aware that is still the case.

I'd be more than happy to give you a hand setting up your store, feel free to get in touch and we can have a bit more of a chat!

Josh

Joshua Sarros - Freelance Web Developer from Melbourne, Australia
joshuasarros@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi Josh,

Brilliant. I have set up a new health, fitness and wellbeing company called BETASELF, we currently have 4 products listed on Amazon, we have purchased domain names and I am advertising via social media.

Dan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 8 19

Hi again Dan,

That's great! Sounds like you've had a really good start on it all. It would probably be better if we continue to chat over email. Would you be able to send me an email whenever you have a chance and we can go over everything together some more?

Thanks!

Josh

Joshua Sarros - Freelance Web Developer from Melbourne, Australia
joshuasarros@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
213 8 26

Congrats on the good start, @Dan1983! We have a checklist when setting up Shopify store that you can use to check up, hope you find it helpful. 

Best of luck.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately the person that was going to help me set up my account has other commitments. Is there anybody else out there that sets up the basics for the shopify commission or that could assist me please.

Look forward to your comments,

Kind regards

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Dan, I have read your message on the community about having your shopify store checked out for accuracy, and some guy in Australia was willing to help you. I am in the same boat as you. Got my first store almost set up, but scared I have missed something. I wonder how your interaction with the other guy actually went. Did it go well, has he helped at all, did he find errors and make suggestions? I am also doing this on a shoestring so any free help I can get will be very well received. There will be an opportunity to repay anyone who helps in the future if and when the store starts making money. Kind regards. Looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hello,

Unfortunately, the person that was going to help me set up got lots of work since we started communicating, so hasn't got the time at the moment, however will help me in the future.

If you check out the other posts on this thread there is a check list of items that should be correct before launching your store.  I am playing around with themes and ideas at the moment, could I have a look at your store, I am happy to bounce ideas and tips. Are you doing a niece store or flexible?

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Good afternoon,

I have decided to set up a multi product store, what I would like is my first page to have boxes for the different shop fronts, i.e. health, pets, furniture etc then when you click on a shop front it goes into what is available. Obviously I would also like a page with top sellers, I'm getting to grips with everything slowly, but I'm sure there's an easy way.

When I view my store overview it gives you two options simple or debut is that just so you can try 2 different set ups and themes?

There are certain thing I cannot test because it says I need to select a plan, I haven't done this yet  as I want to start a new store before I sign up as my current store is a neish store is there anyway around this, as I want to not only sell my own products but drop ship, so I would like to see what my customers see when checking out and also how I can see the price I will pay the drop shipping company for the products. 

Hope this all makes sense, all help really appreciated.

Dan

0 Likes