setting up shop

MandyGMS
1 0 0

I started a free trial last year but wasn't able to understand what to do so didn't take it any further. I've just watched the support video on setting a shop up and now feel more confident in giving it a go. 

When I tried to start again I had a message telling me I already have a shop with that name. Do I have to close the shop that never opened? Am I going to be able to get a free trial again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mandy

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @MandyGMS,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Whatever name you use when opening the store will be forever associated with that store, regardless of whether you continue to use it or not. If you stop using it, the store becomes eligible for removal from the platform after 90 days.

You mentioned that you returned to your store to re-open it a year after your free trial elapsed. Did you try to log back into the store? Or were you trying to start a new store using the same name? If you're trying to start a new store, you will have to use a different name when opening it.

Ultimately, the name you use when starting isn't even especially important. Because you can buy a domain to give your store a more professional look! There's more on that here.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes