shipping doesnt show first class?

Explorer
125 0 20

Why doesnt it show first class mail and only USPS as an option

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 0 40

Hello Jai, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

Looks like you have the option selected that will show additional rates to the customer. You will want to uncheck that box in your USPS rate settings for each zone.

If you just want USPS rates to be displayed make sure you do not have other carrier like UPS or FedEx also activated. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Explorer
125 0 20

no this doesnt show USPS First class, only priority mail.  Thats my problem.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 0 40

Hello Jai, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

That may mean First Class priority is not offered for your region and your default package size. The rates shown are retrieve from USPS directly. The biggest factor here would probably be your default box size that is used when calculating the rates. I'm curious when you goto USPS.com and use their rate calculator with a box size that matches what you have set in your admin does First class show as an option?

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 4

This took me about an hour to figure out how to fix - here is the issue that fixed it for me and allowed First Class Mail to show up.

Go to Shipping -> Packages -> Add Package

create the package, but under weight they want the weight of the EMPTY PACKAGE - I had originally inserted the weigh of my product, so when it totaled the 'empty package weight + my real product weight' it made it too heavy to go First Class and didn't show up as an option.

Hope this saves someone some time.

Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
3 0 0

I currently offer USPS and UPS as a shipping options.  My default package size is 17x14 with a package weight of 2.0 oz.  The products in the customers order is 13 oz. They chose USPS Parcel Select Ground because First class is not showing up as an option.  So I thought it could possibly be the dimensions of the package that is causing this issue.  When I actually go to print the USPS label, I am offered the option to choose USPS first class mail.  If my customer is not offered the option to choose first class because of the package dimensions, why can I choose it on the back end and print a label with first class?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I am having the same issue with my shop.  I only see priority shipping as an option no first class mail.  My packages meet the weight requirements and I don't have the box checked to show new shipping options.  I also have the packages set up with a default package selected.  Please help! 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

**I fixed my issue**

A majority of my listings were missing a country of origin and the default package was too big for the first class.  The package had to be no bigger than 15" mine was 17".  Problem solved.  

0 Likes
1 0 0

I tried changing the box size and also the weight.

Still I can't see First class mailing.

This is important because the shipping cost is too high for priority mail.

0 Likes