shopify ends telephone support

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

Wihtout nofitication to the customer Shopify has ended direct telephone support. I tried to get through on chat but was #90 in the Q. I am not sure if Shopify is aware but what they were selling was their customer support. Now they are just another company with average or below support levels.

Anyone else have thoughts on this please share

Highlighted
Excursionist
65 0 12

Varies with experience. I have not been able to successfully have a live chat session with a Guru for a long time. Before that everything worked perfectly. I had a chat session months ago and got disconnected and ever since that time I have not been able to live chat with Shopify staff. As a matter of fact, I tried to open live chat right now, and got nothing. It just keeps saying "in the queue" and eventually it times out.

As for telephone service and email, they are still fine. Sometimes I have called during peak hours of the day and they answer fairly quickly. Sometimes I have emailed them during peak hours and they answer quickly. 

I would say Shopify's customer service is still solid overall. Response time may be slightly slower as the company grows even further but it still seems solid to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

As of this morning there is no longer a toll free number on the website so no verification number. If you call in on the phone you are referred to chat and disconnected 

Highlighted
Excursionist
65 0 12

The message says the phone lines are currently busy. I don't think they terminated their phone service if that's what you mean. Perhaps there's an outage in their area or they're changing providers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

I just called them today, and while waiting on the queue, they hung up on me, suggesting that I used their live chat, with a queue of 46 people.

We love small businesses because they're the driver of our economy. We have saved them 1 million man-hours last year, preventing their customers from the frustration of seeing the ‘we’re offline’ message on their website. That's why Shopify mentioned our app on their official blog as a 'must have for ecommerce companies'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

I just chatted the phone system is no longer taking calls so don't waist your time. I was told this is only temporary and the phones will be turned back up next Tuesday! we shall see

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi Rey, Ekim and Steve, 

I'm Anne and I am a support lead here at Shopify, thanks so much for reaching out on the forums! I know I caught your other post as well, I just wanted to reach out again to make sure you can all see the message!

Due to a huge increase in our call volume this week, we also saw a large increase in our chat queue and due to this, our email queue was also impacted, which I can see left you without the support you needed as you were redirected back and forth. We have not ended phone support, however it has been harder for you all to get in touch!

With that, we have increased our chat capacity to ensure that we reached as many merchants as possib...

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we are really sorry that you have been inconvenienced, and I really hope that you have been able to connect with someone on our support team at this point as well!

We are hoping return to the previous support level you deserve from our us in the next few days and thank you so much as well for your patience with us over this time.

Warm regards,

Anne | Shopify Support Team

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7

Being able to call someone to find answers to my questions was the best thing about Shopify.  I am so very disappointed they got rid of it.  Searching online for answers sucks, I don't have time to do this - I'm too busy trying to run a company.  I'll have to seriously re-thing my continued use of Shopify.

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 7

Fully agree....Just noticed that today..im out.....WORDPRESS IT IS.

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 7

ITS TERMINATED