shopify gateways in middle east ( Kuwait )

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great time.

I have a problem related to my gateway...i live in Kuwait, and im trying to open an online store with payment gateway. 

my products are not physical, they are more of virtual products. but unfortunately, the only gateways seems to support my business is Paypal express. and unfortunately in my country, not everyone uses paypal. 

There are a lot uf gateways which arent supported in kuwait, or the store must be registered as a company in my country to get the gateway.

my business is so small it more of a home business. i cant register it as a company.

I have heard of virtual addresses. i wanted to know if i use a virtual address, will another shopify gateway be available for me?

appreciate your help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @gimbill,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The Shopify Payments gateway is not available in Kuwait, but there are several others which aren't PayPal which you can look into using if you wish. You can see the full list of payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in Kuwait from the image below:

20-06-poesb-ybdme

You can also see the link to where this is, in the webpage here

Regarding selling virtual/digital products, there are apps in the Shopify App Store which could be useful for you here. Shopify has developed one which is free but there are others you can look into using also. Let's take a look at them below:

Hopefully one of these suits what you are looking to sell. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear @Nick , thanks for your help.

if i get a virtual address, will i be able to use gateways available in the country im using the virtual address from?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

No problem at all @gimbill, hope it helped! 

I would strongly suggest not going the virtual address route. The reason being is you will be reviewed by our risk analyst team and would need to prove that you are a registered  business and operating out of that country. You would also need to have a bank account for that country (not a virtual one but from a physical financial institution). This could result in having a negative long term affect and might cause you to not be able to receive your payouts but have fulfilled all the orders. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes