shopping cart won't open

StrayDogBilly
Tourist
3 0 1

At least once a week a customer will call and tell us they can not get into their shopping cart after they have added items. My son looked into this for me but could not find the issue. He did tell me to tell the customers to go to the URL and knock anything past the word cart out of the URL: straydogdesigns.com/cart    This works. But if customers have to call us to unlock their cart, how many are we losing? Anyone else experiencing this? I have been asking people what kind of browsers they are on, but it they are not subject to only one.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
882 63 253

Hi, @StrayDogBilly

This is Rae from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out with these details, and letting us know about the troubles your customers are having with the cart page on your site. I completely understand your concerns with this, and I'm happy to help take a closer look. 

Can you please tell me a bit more about what happens when customers can't get in to their carts? For instance, is the cart button not visible on the site, or do customers press the button but nothing happens?

If you have any screenshots, or screen recordings, from customers that show this issue happening, please feel free to share them with me here. I do recommend double checking to ensure any sensitive customer information is blocked out from these images and videos before sharing them in this post, though. 

In the meantime, can you also please confirm which theme you're using on your site? You can find this information in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'. If you're using a Shopify-developed theme, our team can likely help troubleshoot this further. However, if you're using a third-party theme instead, I recommend contacting your theme developers directly for more information. You can do this by following these steps

I look forward to hearing back from you soon with the above details! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes