Why is my Shopify domain unreachable?

Esghita
Visitor
1 0 0

i can't access my online store, whenever i type my domain it says the site can't be reached

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @Esghita!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having an issue with your store so I wanted to help you out.

You mentioned that you cannot access the store because when you search for it, it cannot be reached - does this only happen when you try to access the storefront, or are you having issues logging into your Shopify admin as well?

This issue might be related to the cache and cookies on your browser. A way to check this is to clear the cookies on your Google Chrome browser by following these steps here. A lot of the time the cache on your browser can cause similar issues, so this should always be the first troubleshooting step to try.

If clearing the cache does not work but you can login to your admin, one thing you should check is your Domains section. This is accessed by going to Online store > Domains. Please check to see if your domain is connected - usually if there is an issue you might see a label next to your domain name that says something like Not connected. If you do see something similar, check if you have the option to Reconnect or if it brings up any other errors for you there. 

• If your domain is not hosted by Shopify but rather a third party provider such as GoDaddy, you will need to log into your provider's account and check the DNS settings of that domain. If you find an issue there, you may need to contact your domain provider's support so that they can have a look. Just in case, what you should look for in those settings is that your A record points to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65, and your CNAME record points to shops.myshopify.com.
  • If your domain is hosted by Shopify and you're not able to see any way to reconnect it within those settings in the Shopify admin, please contact our live support here so that we can have a closer look at this for you. The reason that you would need to contact our live support for this is because we currently do not have the ability to access your account information through the Shopify Community.

Lastly, if you are not able to access your admin, you should contact our live support straight away so we can see what the issue is.

Let me know if you have any other questions here and I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog