size and color are changed after order is placed.

Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hello,

Since yesterday, I have had 2 customers who are having wrong size and color variants ordered. 

Could you help me please?

"This order should have been for a  purple / lg  hoodie.     As soon as I placed the order it changed size and color to black and small on me."

"Somehow between payment and confirmation my order went from grey 4x to black size small. "

The black/small is the default selection on the product page. I see the black/small selection on Shopify orders (so nothing wrong on Aliexpress side)

tyvm.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1225 120 308

Hey there!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I have seen this occur on occasion, in my experience, this is usually an issue with the theme itself. Were you able to replicate this issue? Did you make any edits to the theme code recently? Generally speaking, when this issue occurs it is due to a change in the product-template.liquid.

• If you could go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • Under the Sections folder, you will need to open product-template.liquid and roll it back as per this guide.
  • Click Save.

If this does not work, could provide me with a link to the page in question so that I can replicate this error that would be wonderful.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help.

All the Best,
Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hi Bo,

ty for your reply.

I had just uploaded a paid theme and that could be the problem.

Can I send you the link in private? Then you can see if you can replicate the error.

tyvm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1225 120 308

Could you e-mail me at support@shopify.com from the e-mail you use to log in and get back to me with the reference number that is generated or the e-mail used so that I can authenticate you as the owner? I can then take a look at your account from our side and assess this issue for you if you are not comfortable sharing the link here.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

ty Bo,

here is the ticket: 11571965

regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1225 120 308

Thank you for that! 

Apologies for the delayed response. I was unable to replicate this issue on my end. Were you able to replicate this issue yourself or was it simply reported by that one customer?

Kind Regards,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

HI Bo, Can you plesae check now? I had changed the theme to Shopify Default. But now I've changed to the theme which was causing the problem.

ty vm!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1225 120 308

Hey there,

Thank you for getting back to me! I took another look but was not able to replicate the error. Did this affect just the one order?

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

It affected 2 orders. and a third potential customer left a note.

All the messages were something like this:

"This order should have been for a  purple / lg  hoodie.     As soon as I placed the order it changed size and color on me."

How can i create a dummy order on my side to check if everything is fine now?

ty

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1225 120 308

Absolutely! 

If you follow these steps you will be able to activate test mode for your Shopify Payments and put through a test order to test this out for yourself. Make sure to turn off test mode once you have finished testing this out.

If you are able to replicate this issue I would recommend going to the code editor of your theme to roll back the code of your product-template.liquid as per this guide. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes