slider resize for phone

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi 

having a problem with resizing the slider to view on phone,, on the pc it looks fine but when we view form phone its cropped, and missing most info.  im using minimal theme. please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 64 124

Hi there @bigwidegrin!

Don here from Shopify.

The behavior you mentioned here is actually down to how these 'hero' slideshow images are coded and is working-as-expected.

As images like this would not be responsive to the screen size of the device displaying them, you would need to take some time to choose an image that will work when cropped on different setups.

There's a bit of info on how various sections of the Minimal theme work here on our help site, where you can see the settings that are available to you for the slideshow section.

The best resource we have for understanding and working with this inherent aspect of how these slideshows are coded would be our best practices for images guide.

I'd also recommend this article on our blog that deals with how best to use hero images like this.

Would you still be setting up your store here or have you been selling already?

Is this your first Shopify store?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Maybe I have not asked my question properly, we have the website up and running on Shopify and are using the minimal theme. but when we view the website on the phone the slider pictures crop and are not fully visible,, there is a code to use in theme.scss.liquid to reset the view through a mobile

Highlighted

Hello @bigwidegrin 

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

This is Jay from Oakleaf Infoway. I would love to help you with a responsive banner size that will work in the mobile view and be fit to screen.

Please share your website URL or let me know you are talking about which banner on your website.

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes