social media accounts works for mobile only or desktop only but not both

Ahmedmoez
3 0 0

hello,

i'm using the Brooklyn theme and when i go to theme settings to add social media link for facebook,

i either can make it work for mobile users by typing: fb://facewebmodal/f?href=<Facebook page link>

or for desktop users by typing the Facebook page link directly

my question is how do i do both by using some sort of detector for each one like if mobile user then link 1 else link 2

Thanks

0 Likes
Grace_01
Excursionist
38 2 4

@Ahmedmoez You can put only facebook page link that will work on both on mobile as well as on desktop. You can check shopify analytic dashboard " Online store sessions by device type" to know about your users. 

0 Likes
Ahmedmoez
3 0 0

unfortunately, when i put in the Facebook page link only and open the link on mobile it automatically opens it in the web browser which will not be suitable for the user because the web browser requires the user to log in again and that may be confusing for him.

i searched on the web and found that i can use media query like if statement but don't know how to do it inside the social media account link

0 Likes
Ahmedmoez
3 0 0

so i figured i have to use this format in order for the link to open in the facebook app not the web browser and it worked but didn't for the desktop user

is there a way around that? and if not how can i do it manually by adding code

0 Likes