ssl pending

jcates56
1 0 0

I need help with a SSL pending problem. I have no clue what's going on my domain is through Godaddy. 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
988 96 147

Hey, @jcates56.

Elias here with Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I understand that you're running into a SSL pending problem with your custom domain. Just to confirm, did you add both of our DNS records to your domain's settings on GoDaddy?

Typically, after you've connected your custom domain to your Shopify store, it can take some time for the SSL to get set up; however, if that's taking more than 48 hours to get set up, then it's something you may need to look into. It's possible that one (or both) of our DNS records is missing from your DNS settings, or that there could be conflicting records in your DNS. While you didn't share your domain address nor am I able to identify where the issue is at the moment. However, if there are any issues with your domain, you can always use WHO.IS to check whether you're missing one of our records or if you have any conflicting records. To resolve this, I'd recommend contacting GoDaddy and they can help make sure that you have both of our DNS records in place. They can also help check and remove any conflicting records.

Shopify's DNS records (Connecting a third-party domain
A record: 23.227.38.65
CNAME record: shops.myshopify.com

Though I'm unable to take a closer look, as we're unable to authenticate merchant accounts on the Community Forums. However, if GoDaddy isn't able to assist you, our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I hope this points you in the right direction to get help with your domain. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes