subscription refund

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I was just testing out shopify and had paused my account, but today I got charged for the monthly bill. I did not know I was going to be charged if the account was paused. Am I able to get a refund? I just closed the store today as well.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hello, @bonnie23! I’m sorry to hear you decided to close your account. Is there a particular reason why you’ve decided to not continue with building your online business with Shopify? We appreciate any feedback you can share.

I’m happy to look into the charge you received. There are two paused plans; The full Pause plan allows you to put your store on hold for up to 3 months at no charge. But the Pause and Build plan is at a  reduced subscription fee of $9/month. There’s a charge for it because you still have access to your account in order to continue working on your store. Is the Pause and Build plan the one you chose, by any chance?

Nevertheless, since you have closed your account, I can certainly confer with the Billing department to see if there is anything they can do for you. I’ll be sending you an email shortly in order to authenticate your account so that we can look into it. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes