sudden drop in traffic

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, my store averages 75-100 visitors per day. The last two days I've had a sudden significant drop. Can anyone advise me where to start looking?

Thank you,

Andi Juliette

www.thebrambleandbranch.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Andi, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I checked and there doesn't seem to be any loading or certificate issues happening that could have caused this. Do you know by any chance where the traffic was coming from before? Did you do any Google Adwords or Facebook ads which would have caused traffic to go to your store in the first place? Let me know and once we know that, it might give us a better indication of what caused the traffic in the first place and the best next step to take. 

While checking your store I did notice a couple of things that you could add in. First of all great work on the store, it is looking great. The first thing I noticed was there was no Favicon on your browser tab. A favicon is something minor but very noticeable nowadays especially with the recent Google Chrome update. The other thing I noticed was there was no About Us page. An About Us page is a great opportunity for you to tell your story and give the "why" behind Bramble and Branch. If people read your story they will become emotionally invested and be more likely to make a purchase, as well as adding more of an experience to your store. 

Hope that helps and looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

We noticed the same issue. We normally have 75+ current visitors on our website and are now hovering around 5 live visitors. 

I've done a deep dive into Google Analytics and it's showing the same thing, which makes me think its not a Shopify-related issue. 

On June 11th, there was a known issue with Facebook ads, which was double counting conversions. However that has since been fixed and our traffic numbers are still the same.

Would really love to find out if anyone else is experiencing this and to see if you've been able to diagnose the problem. 

0 Likes