suspected spam

CJKatz
5 0 0

I have received several emails from a 'shopify' that I suspect are spam yet the emails looks completely legit except the sender address, which is Clarke, Jennifer <jclarke@FanshaweC.ca>

I disregarded the first email, as I was sure it was spam. But another follow-up email came again yesterday. Now I'm worried. The thing is, I've fulfilled every order promptly and I've received no customer complaints about unfulfilled orders. Can anyone give me some direction on this please.

This is what yesterday's email says: 

We’re writing to let you know that as of April 30th, 2021 (12:00 am),  your store will no longer be available on Shopify.

We've recently contacted you via the email on various reports of unfulfilled orders filed by your customers.

What do I need to do?
These reports included that various attempts to contact you yielded no positive results. Shopify does not support any form of fraudulent eCommerce practices hence your Shopify store has been flagged for review.

To continue using Shopify services you will need to perform the following verification:

• Proof of delivery for any of your products (not older than two months)
  • Proof of business ownership
  • Identity verification

Login to continue with this verification 

After completing this verification all affected orders will displayed for proper handling. You'll be assigned an agent to help you resolve this order dispute.

What happens if I don’t respond?
We have reviewed the reports we received and they have be tagged "genuine". If this verification is not completed before the stated date above Shopify will place a charge-back on the bank account associated with your store.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
767 53 91

Hi, @CJKatz!

Sophia here from Shopify. Thank you for flagging this message. I've just edited your original post to remove the link so that no one else coming across this post clicks on it.

I'm glad that you checked the sender's email address. This message does not appear to be from Shopify. If you still have the original message, please forward it to safety@shopify.com and include the headers so our team can investigate.  

Have you clicked on any of the links or engaged with the emails in any way? If so, I recommend changing your login password and enabling two-step authentication if it's not already active, just as a precautionary step. For your reference, you can find information on account security here.

While I'm not able to access your account from this public space, feel free to get in touch with our team through the Shopify Help Center via live chat, email, or callback so we can confirm whether any verification has been requested for your account. Typically, you would see a card in your admin requesting information if anything was needed, but we're happy to double check.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hazie2253
1 0 0

I received the exact same message as well Good thing, I also check the email address.

0 Likes
Liz121
1 0 0

I have also been receiving these emails, each one has a different email address which is not Shopify it's Shaw.com.  I just forward them to safety@shopify.com when I receive them and then block their email.  I would hope that Shopify would only contact you through your store with such an important notification.  Make sure your customers have your contact details so that they only contact you if there is an issue with shipment, that way you can easily address any issues or concerns that arise.  

0 Likes