Solved

Why can't I link PayPal Express payments on my account?

Bree88
Visitor
2 0 1

I am getting an error message when trying to link paypal express payments that states " please confirm your email address to activate your account. To do this follow the instructions we sent to XXX"

I have contacted paypal and 6 people so far have been unable to help me. Has anyone had this issue and can tell me what i am doing wrong or a way to fix the issue? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Accepted Solution (1)
Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

This is an accepted solution.

That is very odd! It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our help center and log in to your account to create a support request.
Since this is the next step I’ve marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thanks!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @Bree88

Hyde here from Shopify.

When you set up your Shopify store, Shopify creates a PayPal Express Checkout account for the email address you used to set up your store (there's more here). You can check what that email address is if you're unsure by going to Settings > General.

So you will need to verify the email you receive to activate your account - have you not received that email? I'm uncertain as to what the difficulty is that you're having?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best, Hyde.

Bree88
Visitor
2 0 1
Hi Hyde,
Thankyou for your reply.

I set up my shopify store, deactivated paypal express checkout that was linked to that store and then changed the email address to a new one. Then when trying to reactivate paypal express checkout for the new email address i get the error message to verify email rather than the message to confirm the link.

I activated/confirmed all links from emails recieved for both paypal and shopify. Ive checked all email address fields in shopify and paypal and they are correct. Ive checked that ive allowed access to shopify in paypal. Everything looks correct.

The difficulty that im having is that ive followed all steps and instructions but am unable to link my paypal to shopify.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

This is an accepted solution.

That is very odd! It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our help center and log in to your account to create a support request.
Since this is the next step I’ve marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thanks!

All the best, Hyde.

sophiagarcia
Excursionist
15 0 1

This error might mean that the connection between Paypal and Shopify isn't working. You need to sign in to your PayPal account to give Shopify access. You need to deactivate and then reactivate PayPal in your Payment providers settings.

Thanks
Sophia Garcia - Creative Director - UMC Canada