verification

ManasviDas
3 0 0

Hi!

Yesterday I ordered lots of clothes from a store.
I'm trying to determine if this is a real business, or a scam:
https://thedecalkingdom.myshopify.com

Does anyone know if this is possible?
I can't email the store because there was no information about them from where I can contact them.
Please help me if anyone has experienced the same or knows a way to verify it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
988 95 146

Hi, @ManasviDas.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out. 

It's great to see that you're doing research and verifying the businesses you're purchasing from. While there isn't enough data for me to confirm whether this is a real business or scam, as the footer indicates that the store was launched recently (in 2021), and I'm also not seeing any contact information on their website despite there being a refund policy. However, you can always try contacting the store by replying directly to your order confirmation.

If you do run into any issue with your order, or you're not hearing back from the shop - we've also got some tips and suggestions on how to proceed with your order here: FAQ: Your Online Order.

That being said, did you already try reaching out through your order confirmation?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
A_695
2 0 0

Hiii

Even I'm facing the same situation and I've got no clue what to do about it. So, if you know what to do, please let me know also.

Thank you

0 Likes
ManasviDas
3 0 0

No, there has been no help. Supporters keep saying contact the bank but bank also is of no help. I guess I am scammed.
And still the website is running. No action has been taken against them.

0 Likes
ManasviDas
3 0 0

I have tried reaching to the store tonnes of times. And first of all I did not receive the confirmation of order at all. Also Whenever I talked to the shopify staff they asked me to contact the bank but bank is of no use. How do I refund my money? 
The store says delivery in 2-3 days....Its has been more than a week. Still I have not received any information.

0 Likes
A_695
2 0 0

Oh god!! That means I'm also scammed. Some Action must be taken against that site ,this is so not fair. 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
988 95 146

Hey, @ManasviDas & @A_695.

Sorry to hear about the negative shopping experiences.

Though contacting your bank or the payment provider regarding a recent transaction is the right course of action, this is generally for orders paid through your credit card or PayPal. For other forms of payments, you would need to get in touch with payment processor or contact the store.

That being said, if you don't hear back from the store or you haven't receive your order within 30 days - you can file a report and our teams would be happy to have the store reviewed. Shopify takes fraud very seriously and we will continue to track and monitor complaints of this nature - please report an issue with a merchant and we can take action when appropriate. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes