video files play sound only

Solved
Tourist
9 1 0

I have uploaded few mp4 video files 640x480, they are between 5-9 Mb in size and only sound plays when I open them in shopify.

What could be the problem?

Here is page with one file in product description: https://activebrains.com.au/products/robotime-diy-wooden-marble-run-coasters-waterwheel-cogg-lift-to...

0 Likes

Hello ,

Adding video to Shopify may slightly differ from theme to theme. But the basic steps to add video are as follows:

1. Login to Shopify admin, go to Online Store ——-> Themes
2. Click on the theme that you want to edit and the click Customize theme
3. Navigate the Section tab
4. Click the Add Section link
5. You will find a Featured video option in the video area, click on that and then click
6. Click on Featured video again to enlarge it.
7. Enter the video’s link, you are hosting, in the Youtube or any other social media’s link field.
8. Enter a width for your video, (Width of a video is calculated as a percentage of the page width) in the Container Width
9. Click

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 0

this is not about featured video. I have uploaded videos to settings--->files and when I click on file URL like this one for example:  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0265/4552/0749/files/Robotime_Magic_Crush_Marble_Run_Model_Buildin...

and click "go to" the file plays as a sound file

0 Likes

MP4 .mp4 MP4 is a video format, but can also be used for audio. MP4 video is the upcoming video format on the internet. This leads to automatic support for MP4 audio by all browsers....

I think  Video which you have created may be It was supported only for audio Thats why ..

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
9 1 0

It must have been a glitch in the conversion of the file, I have just run it through another video converter and it plays Ok

Thanks

0 Likes

use like this:

<video width="auto" height="auto" controls>
<source src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0265/4552/0749/files/marble_run_waterweel_720x576.mp4?206" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 0

thanks mate, where should I paste this code, in HTML?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

where you want to show the video ,like if you want to show video in product page than paste it inside there.

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

1 Like