Solved

What could be causing my Shopify store link to be unreachable?

uzwalsuperdeals
Visitor
1 0 2

whenever I put my store link on url it shows" This  sites can't be reached".

and Status of domain says  setup in progress . what is the problem  ...  

Really appreciate your feedback.

Accepted Solution (1)
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hamidrajabi!

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 44 (44)

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey @uzwalsuperdeals!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

Without being able to see your store and domain, it's difficult for me to establish exactly what is happening.

Please share your URL if you feel comfortable with that. Which company did you purchase it from?

I would recommend you log into your domain account and take a look at your DNS (Domain Name System) settings. The A record should be pointed to Shopify's IP address which is 23.227.38.32. The CNAME should be pointed to shops.myshopify.com. It's important to ensure you only have one A record.

You can find out more about how to set up a third-party domain in this guide.

If you purchased your domain directly from Shopify, it's possible there was a glitch in the setup. Please reach out to our support so that we can authenticate you and solve this problem for you. You can find our contact details here.

I'd love to help you resolve this. Please let me know how you're getting on.

LVCAyoub
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

The same problem here with my store (https://lvctradition.com/)?

I don't undertand why I have this issue with my website as everting is ok: payment, domain..etc

Can someone explain?

Regards

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @LVCAyoub !

Aria here. 

Your domain is not set up correctly, you will need to edit your DNS settings. The A Record needs to point at Shopify's IP address which is 23.227.38.32 and the CNAME needs to point at shops.myshopify.com. Normally when you purchase a domain from Shopify, this setup happens automatically but it seems there was some sort of glitch in this case. 

To edit your DNS settings, go to Online Store > Domains > Manage 

19-10-2uqpt-ar19x

You would then click on 'DNS Settings' at the top of the page, just under your domain name: 

19-10-mh3vc-8ybkg

Let me know how you get on.

YK-1
Visitor
1 0 0
I’m having trouble with my website. When I search it in on the web browser it showing a blank page.
My website is youngkingsbarberstudio.com. Will be gratefully appreciative to resolve this

Thanks
KT
LupSoftware
Visitor
3 0 0

could you please help me about similar problem, today evening i cant login my website also cant go any page of website, my website is https://lupsoftware.com     and i had transfered my domain to shopify before from other company, it was working nice before

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @LupSoftware!

If I was to guess, I'd say you received emails to authenticate your domain and failed to click on them, resulting in a domain suspension. Without being able to look at your account, I can't confirm this for sure. Please reach out to us at Shopify Support to allow us to authenticate you so that we can access your account and tell you what is going on. If necessary, we will be able to resend the email to you to solve the problem. 

@YK-1 , it looks like you managed to resolve the issue with your store. If this is not the case, please also reach out to us at Shopify support so we can authenticate you and solve it for you.

Thank you!

LupSoftware
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi, i remember i had verified by clicking at my mail just i had opened it
in secret browser, maybe had error because of that, i generally using
browsers in secret windows for no need to delete cache and past time in the
future
i cant login my shopify still couldnot login, can you send me verify domain
mail again? can you fix my shopify please
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @LupSoftware!

I can see you already reached out to our support team for assistance.

Please reply directly to the email if you have further questions. 

Samir_Adhikari
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Ma'am!

Today I connected my Shopify store with a third party domain name and it shows the site can't be accessed. Please let me know how to solve it.

The domain name is www.techiebuddyofficial.com.2.png3.png

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @Samir_Adhikari!

Your DNS settings are not set up with your domain provider. Your A record needs to be pointed at Shopify's IP address which is 23.227.38.65. Your CNAME needs to be pointed at shops.myshopify.com. This guide explains more about how to set up third-party domains. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

Samir_Adhikari
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Ma'am, 

I had set it up exactly as mentioned in the guidelines. I have attached a screenshot of the DNS Management Ma'am, please do let me know what should be done about it. Thank you!screenshot.png

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @Samir_Adhikari !

I'm sorry for the delay in response. It's always best to reach out to our Support when you have an urgent issue regarding your store. I'm glad to see it seems to be resolved in this case. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

josiemcgraw
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello,

My DNS is set up correctly like the example you've shown, and it's still not working.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 5.19.56 pm.png 

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @josiemcgraw!

The IP address is incorrect, according to your screenshot. It should be 23.227.38.65.

If you're still having difficulty, please reach out to customer support as mentioned above. We'll be happy to help. 

josiemcgraw
Tourist
6 0 3
Brilliant. Thank you! I missed that. My sore eyes after hours of computer staring...

I disabled the redirection and then redirected it again and it seemed to work this time. 
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

I'm glad to hear that, @josiemcgraw!

Thank you for confirming. 

KeithMoore
Visitor
2 0 0

The site www.onemooreessential.com is not working. I ran the test and the site seems to be fine but then on another site I received bthis message: Failed Document Request. 

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @KeithMoore!

Your site seems to be working perfectly as far as I can see. The DNS settings are set up correctly.

If you're still getting the error message, can you please give me more information on exactly what steps you went through before you saw the error? Which site did the error come up on?

Thanks

jaydr
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm having the same issues even if it is set up properly on my DNS Record.

Can you help me to fix this issue, please?

Thank you.

Jay

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

I can certainly take a look, @jaydr but you'll need to provide me with your store URL first. 

Thank you!

KeithMoore
Visitor
2 0 0
I found that I had to verify my domain with Shopify.
genovaorganic
7 0 0

what if I bought my domain with Shopify and I can't even log ?

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

That's normal, @KeithMoore. Everyone who purchases a domain from Shopify will receive an email to verify ownership. This is for security reasons. Reminders will be sent but the domain gets put on hold if it's not verified. 

@genovaorganic, can you please tell me more about the difficulty you're having?

genovaorganic
7 0 0
I guess I never choose a plan and my trail expired but I did receive a sale on Sunday and Tuesday when I logged in the morning to place tracking number for client I was kicked out and I was told my shop was unavailable and now when I go to log in it shows I don’t even have a store an my domain was with Shopify. I can’t see nothing. Genovaorganic.myshopify.com .. also this morning I receive a email saying their refunding the purchase that was made by client when I already shipped it but can’t email client or nothing I need help please.im loosing money and products..
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Thank you for confirming that, @genovaorganic!

We're going to have to authenticate you to take a closer look at this issue. If you haven't already, please contact our support so we can do that.

Thank you!

Hamidrajabi
Visitor
1 0 0
hallo, i have the same problem i bought almost 2 weak a domain from shopify unfortunately its still on SSL Pending. i will highly apperciate your attention https://scorpions-fight-gear-2.myshopify.com/admin/settings/domains
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hamidrajabi!

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

LiamMacdonald99
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi I’ve been sturggling to get and links to my website to actually work. If I search my website on safari separately the website is fine however following any link gives a message “there was a problem while loading this website” 

The link is www.elitemysteryshirts.com

thanks Liam Macdonald

quotexhirts
Visitor
1 0 0

I purchased domain from Shopify yesterday and when I click my domain link its still unable to reach page although everything shows as connected. It was even doing it when I had a third party domain so I had deleted the third party domain and purchased one through Shopify. Fix it asap, thanks. 

genovaorganic
7 0 0

Hi @Aria, im having trouble trying to unfreeze my account, my shop is temporary down. my free trail expired and I purchased my url with Shopify but now its not letting me choose a plan or see me work can you please help me ?

genovaorganic
7 0 0

my ur is genovaorganic.myshopify.com.... www.genovaorganic.com

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @genovaorganic!

This is a different issue, I'm not quite sure what is going on.

Please contact our support so we can investigate this for you.

Thank you!

AndreJAjiri
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello My website is not working on Shopify and my pages seem to keep glitching on my preview of the website below I attached my GoDaddy Records below Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 10.32.56 PM.png

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @AndreJAjiri!

It's difficult for me to know what is going on without having access to your Shopify store. Your DNS settings appear to be correct but there is more to it than that. It would be a lot faster for us to help you if you contact our support. 

To contact our support team, first head here and log into your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic: 20-05-s998g-3lwie

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help: 

20-05-ksl5x-pleb8

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available: 

20-05-m2m08-ainco

If you are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.

You can also contact us using Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM and we will help you there.

Thanks!

Dotto929
Visitor
1 0 0

Great help!

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @Dotto929!

Your DNS settings are not set up correctly. Your A record needs to be pointed at Shopify's IP address which is 23.227.38.65. Currently, it is not pointed at any IP address. Your CNAME needs to be pointed at shops.myshopify.com. Again, it is not pointed at anything. 

This guide explains how to edit your DNS settings if you purchased your domain through Shopify.

For urgent matters like this that affect your ability to receive orders, it's always faster to contact our support, rather than post on forums. You can also contact us on Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM if you're still having difficulty. We'll then be able to troubleshoot and help you solve it quickly. 

amirulfirdaus
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I want to ask, why i cant open my shopify domain. It says, 'This domain was recently registered at Namecheap. Please check back later!.'

This is the website: www.fullhousefactory.com

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @amirulfirdaus!

It looks like your domain is now working. Please let me know if you have any further issues. 

PaulGhansah
Tourist
8 0 3

Hey my site stopped working too. avgrande.com

AlexPatrick
Visitor
3 0 0

I see Now that this is probably an ongoing issue, I’ve had this problem now for about 5 days. While I’m paying Out of pocket to try to solve this issue for me... Customer service hasn’t started in the right foot for me. And to see that this user had this problem in 2019 and when you try to click on their link it’s still not working raise my concerns even more.

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @AlexPatrick!

I'm not quite sure what you mean. 

Most people on this thread had websites that were working fine, it was their domains that were not set up correctly which is normally an easy fix. 

Can you please provide more information on the issues you're experiencing? Screenshots would be awesome.

Better still, reach out to our support team so we can authenticate you and resolve this problem quickly.

Thank you!

AlexPatrick
Visitor
3 0 0

I Tried reaching out to customer support.

it doesn’t allow me to log into my store anymore to be able to get Integrated customer service help..

i need to speak to someone via email or phone.

This has caused me a lot of money and time.

my team has also tried and we have got no solution.

i need real help no more templates or bots please, this is very frustrating as im sure you could imagine.

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @AlexPatrick!

Are you having trouble logging into your store normally? You can say you don't have a store to get through to an advisor who will be able to take you through manual authentication to help you.

In order to support as many merchants as we possibly can, we no longer accept inbound phone calls. At certain times of the day, you can request a callback on our support page. If that option is not available, it means our queue is full already. You can certainly email us but online chat will be a lot more efficient, you will get a faster response that way. 

I do understand how frustrating this is for you and our advisors are waiting to help you. 

Booneale
Visitor
1 0 0

i'm have the same issue i havn't been able to access my website and lost so my clients because of it i feel like a joke at this point