weight based item pricing

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm currently working on a shop for a client and one of the features of this client is selling weight-based products.

For example, White Rice might cost $1 per l kg.  I want to adjust the total of weight of the item when checkout.

Is there a way to do this, without having to create dozens of variants for each and every product? i.e., 1kg White Rice, $1; 1.1lb White Rice, $1.1, etc

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 0 18

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for your post!

Typically what stores of this nature would do is sell it in packages like 500g, 1 lbs, etc. We see this with tea or coffee. That's probably the best way to do it and not directly by custom weight for every order.

If you really wanted to do it by weight on each order, then you could do implement this by using the Bold app, Buy the Measurement. The Buy The Measurement app allows you to sell products by any measurement you can imagine! Area, Volume, Weight, Time or even combinations of them. You simply create the measurement fields and then you create the formula you want applied to it. It's $9.99 per month, but there's a 90 day free trial so check it out!

Hope this helps!

John | Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm searching for a solution for the exact same challenge that's outlined in the OP.

The Buy The Measurement app does not seem to exist anymore, and so far I could not find another app that would offer the same functionality.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

P

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm looking for the same thing.

There seems to be the possibility of activating a similar service but only for French or German stores.

Anyone know alternative solutions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same issue here. Have been looking for a solution but don't seem to find one. Having weight variants is not a solution, I would need to have an option for every 50grams. Hope we find an answer. 

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
27 0 1

Hi @rnicola 

Looking for exactly that if you have a solution :) 

Thanks 

0 Likes