what to sell?

Tourist
13 0 0

I am not getting much help from Oberlo. I am not sure what to sell. Jewelry, woman's clothes, and they say target women. I have never done ecommerce or a store. Shopify stores are very complicated to set up. I don't have lots of money for marketing. Any opinions on niches or marketing?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
713 68 140

Hey there, @Bill26 

Bo here fro, Shopify Support! 

Choosing what to sell should really be a personal decision. Is there anything that you have expertise in or are very passionate about? Selling something that you know a lot about is definitely the best option as it means that you know what is good quality and what is not, what will sell and what won't and you will be able to write convincing product descriptions that will upsell the products themselves. We have this guide on choosing what to sell on Shopify that I would highly recommend taking a look at. We also have this guide on How to Find Niche Products to Sell Online. 

Additionally, Oberlo has a list of the 100+ Best Products to Sell in 2019 and a list of the 20 Top Trending Products to Sell in 2019. 

Marketing can definitely be tricky when getting started. The most important thing to do whilst getting started is determining and defining who your target audience is. That is why it is suggested that you pick a niche product, so you can narrow down the market and do your marketing more effectively. Here are some great articles here on making sure customers find you:

As you mentioned that you were finding the platform difficult to use, I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars for sure. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here if you would like. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance: http://bit.ly/2Qt6Ay6.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 0
Electronic things like computers and "home electronic" things I would
know something about. But they say women more than men buy things
online. And many of these things are women's products that would be fine
to sell but I certainly don't know anything about. Building a website in
a shopify store is really hard to do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Finding what to sell is the Million $ question.
It's not only what to sell, it's also about how to sell (Marketing and sales).

After being in the dropshipping for more than 3 years and testing & selling many products, my team and I created EcomXFactor.
EcomXFactor Gives You Everything You Need To Launch and Scale Your Ecommerce Store
(Without Wasting Time and Money Testing Products That Don’t Work).

Unlike other product research tools, we limit our user base in order to prevent saturation of our winning products.
We offer
-Potential Winning Products Hand Picked By Experts
-Copywriting Suggestions for Your Ads and Product Pages
-Facebook, Instagram and Google Targeting Suggestions
-Ready-to-Download Product Videos and Images
-Product Specific Tips and Angles for Increasing Conversion Rates and Profits
-Benchmarks and Product Related Data

Obviously I'm biased as I am the founder of this platform, but I truly believe it's the most advanced platform for product research in the market and we love hearing feedback and improving our offer based on our customers' needs.

0 Likes